Completion of 80 percent of the construction work at the University of Galala. The university includes many colleges and majors serving the community.
The Faculty of Mass Media and Communication aspires to be a pioneer at the local and regional levels in the preparation of graduates with international professional standards who actively contribute to media research related to social issues and problems.
Through the development of a bylaw based on theoretical knowledge and practical skills, the Faculty of Mass Media and Communication strives to prepare competitive, ethical graduates who are capable of working in all media fields according to international professional standards; and accomplishing research related to social issues.
- Keeping up with the latest developments in the mass media industry and media field of study in both curriculum and scientific research.
- Bridging the gap between the reality of the media industry and the consecutive developments in the region and the international arena.
- Providing Graduating alumni with the multidisciplinary necessary background knowledge required for media work.
- Graduating alumni according to international professional standards who are specialized in media work.
- Identifying current media problems and realistic solutions through scientific research.
- Accumulate knowledge of the media studies according to research plans that develop a deep Egyptian vision for various media phenomena.
- Integrating with other sciences to promote development programs in society.
- Deepening students’ sense of social responsibility and positive response to community problems.
Mechanisms for Achieving Objectives
- Renewal of the study bylaws every three years to allow the academic program updating according to the international developments.
- Update of practical exercises and labs to synchronize with national and international media work needs.
- Cooperation and scientific collaboration with top universities and outstanding research institutes.
- Emphasis on cultural and intellectual extracurricular student activities, which contribute to their awareness of current events and issues.
- Encouragement of interdisciplinary studies between the different programs of the University and provision of incentives for students and staff involved.
- Employment of outstanding media experts as Professors and Associate Professors of Practice according to the highest level of controlled criteria, like the American Universities. These experts will become full-time faculty members.
- Support of cooperation with major media entities (The Higher Council for Media Organization and the National Media Committee) through Memoranda of Understanding to facilitate research that aims at challenging the problems faced by Egyptian media.
- Transparency and Credibility: exchanging information and knowledge and making them available to all affiliates of the Faculty; namely students, academics and administrative staff.
- International Vision: embracing international experiments, ideas and experiences, the positive interaction with different cultures, as well as encouraging cooperation with research centers and outstanding equivalent faculties.
- Equality and Equal Opportunities: enforcing laws and regulations without discrimination and ensuring everyone’s right to utilize the available opportunities.
- Encouragement of Creativity and Distinction: providing a scientific and practical environment that supports the cultivation of the creativity and excellence culture.
- Quality: committing to the highest scientific and pedagogic standards and continuous development of the research and educational process.
- Belonging: increasing students’ and staff’s sense of national belonging through boosting national spirit and placing public interest above all other considerations.
The candidate for the position of Rector has been opened. The position is available to both Egyptians and foreigners. The online submission service will be available within days.