Completion of 80 percent of the construction work at the University of Galala. The university includes many colleges and majors serving the community.
The study programs in the Faculty of Mass Media and Communication respond to two challenges that face the graduates of mass media studies in the labor market:
- First: cognitive and theoretical developments in the fields of mass media which are fast by virtue of the current increasing importance of the mass media industry; and
- Second: successive developments in the labor market needs resulting from the successive developments in the communication technology and the enormous change in the mass media environment.
Accordingly, all four of the Faculty programs focus on the following six fields that are necessary for the preparation of a graduate who is capable of competing in the labor market:
- Modern academic contributions in the mass media studies and its association with the industry.
- Research approaches and its employment for the service of the educational specialization.
- Practice to develop the necessary skills.
- Areas and mechanisms of innovation in developing the mass media product.
- Management of the different mass media activities.
- The association with the actual practices in the labor market.
Study at the Faculty of Mass Media and Communication is divided into 3 phases:
Phase 1: Prepares the student for the specialization in mass communication. Its duration is 4 semesters, in which students study a number of general-knowledge courses in humanities and social sciences in addition to general communication courses.
Phase 2: It is the media major phase, where the student can major in one of the following fields: News Journalism, Radio and Television, Integrated Marketing Communication or Advertising. This phase is three-semester long.
Phase 3: This is the concentration phase, where the student can select one of the concentrations offered within the major. The duration is one semester.
General Attributes of Graduates
- Demonstrate comprehension of social and political developments and their reciprocal impact on the media industry.
- Manipulate media capabilities in the treatment of various social phenomena.
- Efficiently produce various media materials according to the latest methods and techniques.
- Use modern communication technology in his/her specialization.
- Demonstrate specialized knowledge and skills gained from the concentration within the major.
- Command research methods relevant to media work with full commitment to objectivity, integrity and accuracy.
- Ethically manage media activities.
- Efficiently deal with local and foreign information sources required for media production.
- Demonstrate understanding of features and potentials of various mass media and manipulate them to increase the effectiveness of the media mission.
- Identify the needs and characteristics of the target audience and the methods of achieving harmony between the audience and the media mission to increase mission effectiveness.
The candidate for the position of Rector has been opened. The position is available to both Egyptians and foreigners. The online submission service will be available within days.