About The Advising Centre
Academic Advising Center
The Academic Advising Center (AAC) at Galala University aspires to prepare students to become successful, independent and life-long learners by empowering them to attain their academic, personal and career goals.
The advising mission at Galala University is to promote student success, help students make informed academic decisions and empower them to be active and responsible to own their educational choices and craft their individual plans.
The Academic Advising Center is committed to providing support and academic advising to students with the help of the academic advisors. Academic advisors provide students with accurate information, encourage discernment about curricular options, and supports student’s completion of their undergraduate degree. In addition, the Academic Advising Center will play an important role in promoting student engagement and academic success by helping with the transition from high school to university, connecting students with academic opportunities and campus resources, and mentoring them to effectively navigate the best academic choices.
• Become familiar with their academic program requirements.
• Be proactive; seek advising from their advisors.
• Schedule an appointment with your advisor and arrive on time.
• Update student record when necessary (e.g., change of address, phone number).
• Know current grade point average, enrolled credits, and earned credit hours.
• Follow dates and deadlines on the academic calendar.
• Always check GU.edu email for official communication.
• Know that advisors are helpful and available during class registration and non-registration periods.
• Make notes and keep all paperwork forms from advising sessions.
• Take responsibility for actions and decisions that affect academic progress.
Galala Plateau , Attaka , Suez