A business architect with a PhD., and MBA degrees, both from prestigious US universities. One of a few Egyptian Architects who has a US License in Architecture and official membership in AIA .Dr. Zagow possesses leadership skills developed through 14 years of diverse international experience providing design and technical solutions for large scale residential, educational, Healthcare, mixed-use projects. He won Over 200000 Euro Grants from DAAD, for research projects and mobility between Egyptian & German Universities.
Dr. Zagow is especially intrigued by the mapping initiatives that have emerged to document a city in flux. During his PhD., he examined the effects of facilities’ distribution patterns in a mixed-use development that emerge in cities on neighborhoods’ socio economic characteristics. This analysis considered cities’ mixed-use development patterns, scale, and range of variation. Also, He implemented several techniques in GIS, statistical analysis, and info-graphics. Moreover, he is interested in building technologies and construction by enhancing techniques and documenting old practices. He is interested in developing new building standards and codes that develop through research and applications.
- PhD. in Architecture, Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, USA. 2016
- Master of Business Administration, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, USA. 2019
- Master of Science In Architecture, Tanta University, Egypt. 2010
- B.A, Bachelor of Architecture Engineering, Tanta University, Egypt. 2004
- Big Data
- Data Analytics
- Urban Design
- Integrated design
- Building Materials and Constructions
- 2020 l DOES MIXED-USE DEVELOPMENT IN THE METROPOLIS LEAD TO FEWER CARBON EMISSIONS? – Urban Climate Journal – Q1
- 2020 l Assess Egyptian Airports Closure for International Flights as a Transportation Measure to Control COVID-19 Spread in the Country- International journal for advanced science and technology – Q3
- 2020 l Hybrid to Social Condenser: Two Mixed-Use Development Competing Approaches in the Labor Market- April 2020- The 78th Annual Midwest Political Science Association Conference.
- 2015 l Enhancing Urban Socio economics – 51th International ISOCARP Congress.
- 2014 l Developing infrastructure through Urban Connectivity – 50th International ISOCARP Congress.
- 2014 l Urban Revitalization through studying the patterns of activities and its geometries in cities – 50thInternational ISOCARP Congress.
- 2014 l Social and Physical Future Scenarios to Create New Egyptian Urban DNA, RETEBE Conference 10th, Alexandria University, December, Egypt.
- 2014 l Transit Oriented Development (TOD) As A Holistic Approach for Future Urbanism in Egypt, RETEBE Conference 10th, Alexandria University, Egypt
- 2013 l Development Towards Creating New Egyptian Urban DNA , RETEBE Conference 9th, Alexandria University, Egypt.
- 2011 l A Criterion for Measuring Urban Intelligence – Journal of architecture and planning.
- 2017 Write and edit an article in Al-Ahram newspaper.
- 2008 Write and edit an article in Al-Ahram newspaper.
- 2007 Write and edit an article in Al-Ahram newspaper.
- 2007 Write and edit an article in the Arab construction magazine.
- 2007 Benaa Symposiums with Faculty of Fine arts Alexandria University.
- 2007 Write and edit an article in the Arab Construction Magazine.
- 2006 Write and edit an article design magazine.
- Principal Investigator of Hassan Fathy archive – Funded by Tanta University – Managing and maintaining documents of the Special Collection of prominent architect Hassan Fathy. Moreover, preserving information and making it accessible to users, increasingly in digital format.
- Delta Technical-Urban Partnership for Environmental, Social, and Urban Quality – As part of the DAAD’s “German-Egyptian Partnership P.1: University Partnership”
- Cooperative research project between Technical University of Berlin, Mansoura University, and Tanta University, Egypt. Total grant: 200000 Euro
- Understanding the German-Egyptian Cities by Machine Intelligence – As part of the DAAD’s “German-Egyptian Partnership P.1: University Partnership” Cooperative research project between Tanta University, Kafr-elSheikh University, Mansoura University, University College London (UCL), and HafenCity University. Total grant: 200000 Euro
- UrbanScienc Lab – Building capacity grant funded by Tanta University. Total grant: 400000 Egyptian Pound.
- Won many international Architecture and urban Planning Competitions.
- Scholarship from British Petroleum Common Purpose Student Experiences.
- Fully funded scholarship from Culture affairs and mission Sector in the Ministry of Higher Education.
- Excellence grade with honor Award from Tanta University.
- Master Planning
– Participated in the design of the University of Taif, Saudi Arabia 2016
– Participated in the design of King Khalid University in the city of Abha, Saudi Arabia 2005 – 2007
– Participated in the design of the Ministry of Transport in Saudi Arabia 2005-2007
– Participated in the design of the administrative building in Dallas, Texas, USA 2017
– Multi-use building in Tanta University 2010
– Design of the hospital of brain and neurosurgery Tanta University 2011
– Participated in the design of the University Hospital Taybeh Saudi Arabia 2007 – 2009
– Participated in the design of King Faisal University Hospital in Saudi Arabia 2007 – 2009
– Participated in the design of a social center in the city of Chicago, United States of America 2017
– Participated in the design of a school building in Chicago, Texas, USA 2017
– Participated in the design of Riyad Bank in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia 2005-2007
– Participated in the design of Najran airport in Saudi Arabia 2005-2007
- Historic Preservation
– Training and work in the Aga Khan Foundation Al-Azhar Park project and restoration of historic buildings in Fatimid Cairo 2003
– Social Center in the city of Chicago, United States of America 2017
– Panter Elementary School city of Chicago, United States of America 2017
– Autocad – Revit Architecture – Microsoft Office Suite – ArcGIS, Qgis. – Adobe Photoshop/InDesign – IES-VE, Ecotect, ENVI-met, Vasari, SAM
- Principle at UNIT arch group – Cairo,Egypt. Jan-19 l Current
- Associate Architect at HARDING PARTNERS – Chicago, USA. June-17 l June-18
- Project Architect at ZPDA – Chicago, USA. Jan-09 l June-14
- Senior Architect at UNIT arch group – Cairo, Egypt. Jan-09 l June-14
- Architect at Zuhair Fayez PARTNERSHIP – Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Sep-04 l Nov-09
- Manager of Hassan Fathy archive – Funded by Tanta University. 2020
- Principle Investigator in 3D Printing of Indigenous Sustainable Materials – Fab and Robot Arm LAB – Funded by Tanta University. 2020
- Principle Investigator in Delta Technical-Urban Partnership project for Environmental, Social, and Urban Quality – Funded by DAAD. 2019 l 2020
- Principle Investigator in Understanding Egyptian and German Cities through Machine Learning – Funded by DAAD. 2019
- Principal Investigator in UrbanScienc Lab – Funded by Tanta University. 2019
- Present Research Fellow at Urban Scenes at the University of Chicago, USA. 2014
- Researcher in Urban Development project – funded by the National Urban Planning Organization and Tanta University, Egypt. 2005 I 2008
- AIA Chicago Activities Member. 2012 I 2018
- Participation in the activities of the Egyptian community in the city of Chicago, United States of America 2012 I 2018
- Participated in the College of Architecture student-led activities at the Illinois Institute of Technology in Chicago, U.S.A. 2012 I 2016
- Founder and active member of the Arabesque Group's scientific and training activities, Department of Architecture, Tanta University. 2006 I 2011
- Participate in the training project of Injaz UAE. 2010 l 2010
- Participate in Tanta Social Club Activities. 1990 I Current
Galala Plateau , Attaka , Suez