A lecturer of Organic Chemistry at Faculty of Science, Ain shams University and currently joined Advanced Basic Science staff at GU. Dr Alaa got her B.Sc. and M.Sc. from Ain Shams University. In 2018, she was awarded the Ph.D. degree from ENSTA-Paris, Paris-Saclay University, Paris, France.
She has been a member of The Egyptian Heterocyclic Chemistry Society (EHCS) since 2015. She gave several presentations and posters in International conferences as ISHC and RCO. Her research interests are focused on multicomponent reactions, isocyanide chemistry, organometallic chemistry, new reaction methodologies and drug discovery.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, ENSTA-Paris, Paris-Saclay University, Paris, France. 2015 l 2018
- M.Sc. in Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Ain Shams University. 2010 l 2013
- B.Sc. in Chemistry, Faculty of Science, University of Ain Shams. 2006 l 2010
- Multicomponent reactions
- Isocyanide Chemistry
- Organometallic Chemistry
- New reaction methodologies
- Drug discovery
- “Raising the Diversity of Ugi Reactions Through Selective Alkylations and Allylations of Ugi Adducts'' Front. Chem., 2019, 7:20. DOI= 10.3389/fchem.2019.00020. [IMPACT FACTOR= 3.78].
- “Propargylation of Ugi Amide Dianion: An Entry into Pyrrolidinone and Benzoindolizidine Alkaloid Analogues''. Org. Lett., 2018, 20, 9, 2568-2571. DOI= 10.1021/acs.orglett.8b00687. [IMPACT FACTOR= 6.55].
- “β‐Lactam Synthesis through Diodomethane Addition to Amide Dianions" Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2017, 56, 12179–12183. DOI= 10.1002/anie.201706315. [IMPACT FACTOR= 12.257].
- Egyptian Governmental Scholarship (2015), For funding Ph.D. dissertation studies at Paris, France.
Galala Plateau , Attaka , Suez