Magdi El Sayed
Dr. Magdi A. El-Sayed is Professor of Plant Physiology at Aswan University and currently he joined Advanced Basic Sciences at GU. He received his BSc (Botany), MSc (Plant Ecology) from Aswan Faculty of Science and PhD degree from Division of Pharmacognosy at Leiden University, The Netherlands in 2004. He has research experience in several topics in plant sciences including Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, Desert Plant Ecology, Plant-microbe interactions, Cell and Tissue cultures and Phytochemistry. He was a visiting research fellow at Yamaguchi University, Japan 2006-2008 and JSPS Fellow in the same university 2008-2010. He also visited his Yamaguchi University research group several times as a visiting professor 2014, 2015-2016. He published over 60 papers in reputed international peer-review journals and one Book chapter. He had a Japanese patent resulting from his work as a JSPS fellow. His job career started as a demonstrator until promotion to full Professor, Head of Botany Department (Acting) then Vice dean of Faculty of Science, Aswan University (2017-2020).
- BSc (Botany) From Aswan Faculty of Science
- MS.c (Plant Ecology) From Aswan Faculty of Science.
- PhD degree from Division of Pharmacognosy at Leiden University, The Netherlands in 2004.
- Plant Physiology
- At Aswan University;
2 PhD students
9 M.Sc. students
- At Leiden University, The Netherlands;
4 M.Sc. students
- UNESCO (MAB) Prize for young scientists. 1994
- The prestigious JSPS fellowship (JAPAN). 2008
- Aswan University award for international scientific publications. 2010 l 2019
- Aswan University Excellence Prize. 2018
Galala Plateau , Attaka , Suez