Dr. Ahmed received his B.Sc in Chemistry (distinction with honors grade, top of his class) in 2006. In 2011, he finished his M.Sc. in Colloid Chemistry & Nanotechnology at Minia University, Egypt. In 2016, he earned his PhD degree from Osaka University, Japan, under the supervision of Professor Takuji Ogawa in nanomaterial science i.e. molecular electronics.
After completion of his degree, he was appointed as a Faculty Fellow (Assistant Professor) in the Department of Chemistry at Osaka University. Currently, Dr. Ahmed is working as Assistant Professor (lecturer) at Nanoscience and Technology, Advanced Basic Science, Galala University, Egypt. Additionally, from 2018 till now, Dr. Ahmed is an Assistant Professor (lecturer) at the Chemistry Department, Faculty of Science, Minia University, Egypt. Dr. Ahmed also currently serves as a peer reviewer for many scientific journals i.e. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces (ACS Publications), ACS Applied Nano Materials (ACS Publications), Archives of Toxicology (Springer), The Chemical Record (TCR) (Wiley Online Library), Polymers (MDPI), RSC Advances (Wiley Online Library), ELECTROPHORESIS (Wiley Online Library), Infection, Genetics and Evolution (MEEGID) (ELSEVIER), Asian Journal of Organic Chemistry (AJOC) (Wiley Online Library), Chemistry & Biodiversity (Wiley Online Library), Journal of Polymer Research (Springer) as well as the Egyptian Journal Chemistry (Egyptian Academy of Scientific Research and Technology).
He is a member of the American Chemical Society (ACS), Chemical Society of Japan (CSJ) and Electrochemical Society (ECS).
- B.Sc in Chemistry, Minia University, Egypt. 2006
- M.Sc. in Colloid Chemistry & Nanotechnology at Minia University, Egypt. 2011
- PhD degree from Osaka University, Japan. 2016
Area of Research:
- Supramolecular chemistry on nano-carbon materials surfaces.
- Carbon nanotubes and/or graphite research.
- Single molecule magnets.
- Self-assembly of nanostructures on solid surfaces.
- Fabrication of nano-scale devices that employ the self-ordering properties of molecules.
- Pickering Emulsion Polymerization.
- Colloidal nanotechnology, nanoparticles stabilized emulsions.
- Hybrid inorganic-organic nano-materials.
- SPM measurements i.e. STM, AFM.
- Principle Investigator (PI) of a Research Project of Osaka University’s International Joint Research Promotion Program (3rd call) with total grant of 2,178,934 yen (around 18.000 US $) (April – August 2019).
- Osaka University Travel Grant, International Chemical Congress of Pacific Basin Societies (Pacifichem 2015), Honolulu, Hawaii, USA.
- Prof. Takuji Ogawa Travel Grant, The 231st Electrochemical Society Meeting (ECS 2017), New Orleans LA, Louisiana, USA.
- Egyptian Academy of Scientific Research and Technology Travel Grant, The 11th HOPE Meeting with Nobel Laureates, 2019, Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST), Okinawa, Japan.
- Unique Team Presentation Award. The 11th HOPE Meeting with Nobel laureates, JSPS, Okinawa, Japan, 2019.
- Minia University Publication Award. Minia University, Minia, Egypt, 2019, 2020.
- Ideal Student award. Faculty of Science, Minia University, Minia, Egypt, 2006.
- MEXT Scholarship, 1.5 year fully funded Scholarship, Japanese Government. (April 2015 – September 2016).
- Joint Supervision Scholarship, two years fully funded scholarship, Egyptian Government. (April 2013 – March 2015).
- Osaka University Scholarship, two years for waiving tuition fee and enrolment fee exemption, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan. (October 2013 – September 2015).
Galala Plateau , Attaka , Suez