Majors & Minors
Major & Minors
The best way to test out a different path while giving yourself marketable skills.
Galala University (GU) offers a wide range of minor studies, which allow our students to gain more knowledge and other experience across different fields.
Students studying one minor or more will have to fulfill a certain number of credit hours; to be decided by the minors' program directors .
- Program Directors have the right to decide on the admission requirements for students applying for a particular minor, as per the year of announcement, such as the cumulative GPA needed for acceptance at the time of the announcement.
- Students can declare any minor after the approval of the program directors.
- The approval of program directors depends on each program’s capacity to accept more students for each semester’s academic curriculum.
- Students can study one or more minors if they fulfill their main major field and graduate within a reasonable time frame.
- The minor declared must be different from the academic focus of the student’s main major program.
- All subjects of minor study must be taken on the campus of Galala University. It cannot get transferred from Egyptian or international universities
- The Minor declared is added to the student’s academic record at graduation from their majors.
- The minor is mentioned in a separate statement and is requested upon graduation and can also get mentioned in the student’s academic record. No Minor gets mentioned in the main graduation certificate.
- When requesting a separate graduation statement by the student, the minor is added to the statement to confirm the major and minor subjects’ completion. e.g., “…………. earned a bachelor’s degree in ……………, —– With a minor in ………..
- Program Directors are recommended to complete the choice of the required courses for the study of the minor and to add any specific acceptance requirements for their programs. Before early registration for the second semester of the 2020/2021 academic year.
- The Minor’s declaration statement will be added to the university’s student handbook to clarify the relationship between students and the university about this matter.
Students interested in earning one or more additional minors must study these disciplines' subjects along with their major study.
Students should review all information related to minors before deciding on them
Here are Some guidelines on minors:
- The approval of the academic supervisor of the program is mandatory
- Students do not have to choose a minor right after starting their studies at Galala University, and they can still apply to them until the end of their studies' second school year. Students can also plan for dual specialties According to specific study criteria.
- For bachelor's degree studies, the main program is the major field of specialization, and the minor is the second area chosen along with the main program
- Students can choose two minors and complete them during the permitted study period.
- In consultation with the academic supervisor and the approval of program managers for the primary major and minor; Students have the utmost flexibility to choose a minor that suits their future professional goals.
- Students are free to choose a minor linked to their primary major or a different minor that reflects Interests.
- Students must complete the minor requirements of at least six subjects (A total of 18 credit hours) in their chosen areas. No double calculation of any of the academic subjects is allowed.
- The main minor subjects must have at least three main subjects from level 300 and 400
- Optional subjects must not include any of the student's main major subjects, and no double calculation gets considered for any of the six subjects scheduled.
- The main disciplines require many credit hours in the major specialization requirements, reaching seven subjects, i.e., 21 credit hours for minor requirements.
Minors are subject to reviews and amendments with the academic program members, The Dean, Program Director, and The University's Vice-President for Academic Affairs.
The university encourages its students to get dual majors by adhering to the following rules:
- Students must apply for the second major; up to the last academic year for graduation from the first major.
- The conditions for admission to the second major are based on admission to the first major as a percentage and the second program's admission requirements.
- The deans' approval of each of the two majors is needed, starting with the Dean of the First major's approval followed by the Second Dean's approval. Moreover, the administrators of both programs must also agree to accept the student in the two disciplines.
- Students should be aware that both majors' requirements must be fulfilled to graduate and fully completed without an exemption from Basic courses in both disciplines.
- Students get credited with the primary subjects of the second major. The university's elective subjects are not retaken unless there is a subject or More that needs to be studied. Students may not be exempted from it based on a university rule.
- The student should be carefully informed about the requirements of the two specializations in the university manual and make sure that all main courses are final for the two majors
- If one or more courses meet the university's requirements or if these subjects are elective for both disciplines, it may be charged twice for two specialties: upon approval by the program managers.
- The study duration for completion of the two majors may exceed the required years of graduation. Approvals can complete the two grades by increasing the study period required to graduate.
- the academic guide must approve the “Advising Form, to complete registration for each semester,” and the student can transfer hours from international universities up to 30 credit hours for both programs up to a maximum of 15 credit hours for each major
- Students may complete the first major and then complete the requirements of the second major after that, and allow a permit to complete the requirements of one major and continue the second major to facilitate students
- One degree will only be announced on the graduation day; upon completing all the two majors' requirements. The student should coordinate with his academic advisor to choose which degree gets announced.
Galala Plateau , Attaka , Suez