Assistant Professor Lasheen has a doctorate degree in Basic Medical Science (Medical Physiology), Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University in November 2011. Previously, she obtained her master’s degree in Physiology in 2007 from Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University, from which she graduated in 2001. Also, she is a FAIMER-ASU-MENAFRI fellow, (Foundation of Advanced Medical Education and Research, Middle East and North Africa in Ain Shams Institute) and a regular member in The Physiological Society (London), American Physiological Society and Society of General Physiology with a total of 18 extensive publications in both National & International journals.
- MS.c degree in Basic Medical Science (Medical Physiology), Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University, 2007.
- PhD degree in Basic Medical Science (Medical Physiology), Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University, 2011.
Area of Research
- Medical physiology (Metabolism, Renal physiology, Oxidative stress)
- Medical Education
List of Publications
- Sultan HK, El-Ayat WM., AbouGhalia AH, Lasheen NN, Moustafa AS (2021): Study of long non-coding RNA and mitochondrial dysfunction in diabetic rats. Tissue and Cell, Available online 26 February 2021, 101516 In Press,
- Bahaa El-Dein, I.M., Mohamed, F.A., Ahmed, M.A., Soliman, N.B.E.D., Lasheen, N.N. and Abou-Bakr, D.A., (2020): Sex Differences in Metabolic Responses to Chronic Immobilization Stress in Rats. Bulletin of Egyptian Society for Physiological Sciences; 40(1):148-165.
- El-Kafoury BMA, Ahmed MA, Hammouda GA, ElKady AH, Lasheen NN. (2019): Possible role of L-carnitine in improvement of metabolic and hepatic changes in hyperuricemic and hyperuricemic-Fructose-supplemented rats. Physiol Rep. 2019 Nov; 7(22). 2
- Lasheen NN, Elayat WM, Elrefai MFM, Zaki WS, Ahmed EH, El Sheikh RMN, Abo Rayas DSA, Gad FRS (2019): Possible role of garlic oil in ameliorating renal injury after liver ischemia/reperfusion in rats. J Physiol Pharmacol. 2019 Oct; 70(5).
- Samar M. M. Abd El Rahman; Bataa M.A. El- Kafoury; Enas A. Abdel-Hady; Noha N. Lasheen; Wesam El Bakly; Wael M. Elayat (2019): Effects Of Cell Phone-Emitted Electromagnetic Field On The Cognitive Function In Young Rats: Possible Role Of Alpha Lipoic Acid Supplementation. Al-Azhar Med. J.; 48(2): 145-164.
- Fatma M. Lebda, Sahar M. El Agaty, Noha N. Lasheen, and Haliema A. El Sherif (2018): Effect of quercetin administration on lipid profile, inflammatory and oxidative stress markers in a rat model of propylthiouracil-induced hypothyroidism. Al-Azhar Med. J.; 47(2):387-402.
- Noha S. Sobhy, Mona A. Ahmed, Noha N. Lasheen, Mohamed H. ElSayed and Walaa Baher (2018): Effect of chronic immobilization stress on kidney function in renal ischemia/reperfusion rat model. Al-Azhar Med. J.; 47(2): 337-354.
- Noha N. Lasheen and Rania A. Salah ElDin (2017): Olive Oil Ameliorates High Fat Diet-Induced Insulin Resistance through Mitochondrial NAD+ and TNF-α in Rats. Shams Medical Journal.
- Noha N. Lasheen and Nashwa El-Khazragy (2017): Vitamin D3 Improves Liver Functions In Experimentally Induced Type Ii Diabetes Mellitus In Wistar Rats. Int. J. Adv. Res. 5(1), 1715-1726
- Asmaa Ahmed, Noha N Lasheen, Khaled El-Zawahry (2016): Ginkgo biloba Ameliorates Subfertility Induced by Testicular Ischemia/Reperfusion Injury in Adult Wistar Rats: A Possible New Mitochondrial Mechanism. Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity (2016); 6959274 and in Proceeding of the Physiological Society, (2016) (Dublin, Ireland).
- Lasheen NN and Mohamed GH (2016): Possible Mechanisms of Cardiac Contractile Dysfunction and Electrical Changes in Ammonium Chloride Induced Chronic Metabolic Acidosis in Wistar Rats. Physiological Research journal (2016), 65:927-940 and in Proceeding of the Physiological Society, 34th (2015) (Cardiff, UK).
- Bahgat NM, Saad RA, Lasheen NN and Sabry YG (2016): Physical Exercise versus Natural Estrogen Supplement in Treatment of Metabolic Syndrome in Aged 3 Postmenopausal Wistar Rats. J Obes Weight-Loss Medic; 2:011; 2(1) and in Proceeding of the Physiological Society, (2016) (Dublin, Ireland).
- Noha N. Lasheen (2015): Pancreatic Functions in High Salt-Fed Female Rats. Physiological Reports; 3: phy2.e12443 DOI: 10.14814/phy2.12443and in Proceeding of The Physiological Society, 34th (2015) (Cardiff, UK).
- Abd El-Hamid A Mohamed and Noha N Lasheen (2014): Comparative Study on the Protective Role of Vitamin C and L-arginine In Experimental Renal Ischemia Reperfusion In Adult Rats. International Journal of Physiology, Pathophysiology and Pharmacology; 6(3):137-171.
- Noha N Lasheen and Abd El-Hamid A Mohamed (2014): Potential Effects of Selenium on Liver Functions after Ischemia Reperfusion in Old Female Rats:, IJAR; 6 (2): 199 and in Proceedings of The Physiological Society, 37th Congress of IUPS (Birmingham, UK) (2013) Proc 37th IUPS.
- Faten M.A. Diab, Magda H. Youssef, Mona A. Ahmed, Ramadan A. Saad, Noha N. Lasheen and Rania S.A. (2013): Study on Cardiac Responses to IschemiaReperfusion Injury in Experimentally Induced Uremic Cardiomyopathy. Ain Shams Medical Journal; 64(10, 11 &12):939-954.
- Fatma A. Mohamed, Azza A. Ahmed, Bataa M.A. El- Kafoury and Noha N. Lasheen (2012): Study of the Renal Effects of Exposure to Cell phone-emitted Electromagnetic Radiation in Rats, in the proceedings of 6th International Congress of the African Association of Physiological Science Ismailia, Egypt.
- Fatma A. Mohamed, Azza A. Ahmed, Bataa M.A. El- Kafoury and Noha N. Lasheen (2011): Study of the Cardiovascular Effects of Exposure to Electromagnetic Field. Life Science Journal; 8(1).
- Fatma A. Mohamed, Azza A. Ahmed, Mona A. Ahmed and Noha N. Lasheen (2007): Selenium-Induced Modulation of Intestinal Motility Changes in Stressed Rats. Shams Medical Journal; 58(4, 5, 6).
- Associate professor of Medical Physiology at Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University, July 2017.
- Lecturer of Medical Physiology at Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University (April-12 l July-17).
- Assistant lecturer in Medical Physiology at Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University, Sep-07 l April-12.
- Demonstrator in Medical Physiology at Faculty of Medicine, Ain Shams University, Oct-03 l Sep-07.
- Potential Effects of Cerium Oxide Nano-particles on Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver in a Rat Model of Postmenopausal Obesity, MD of Physiology, 2018.
- Study of Long non-coding RNA and Mitochondrial Dysfunction in Diabetic Rats, MD of Biochemistry, 2018.
- Effects of Exposure to Single and Multiple Sources Of Cell Phone-Emitted Electromagnetic Field on the Cognitive Function in Young Rats: Possible Role of Alpha Lipoic acid Supplementation, Master of Physiology, 2018.
- Potential Effect of Olive Oil on Renal Ischemia-Re-perfusion-Mediated Hepatic and Renal Changes in Stressed Rats, Master of Physiology, 2017.
- Effect of Quercetin Administration on Lipid Profile, Inflammatory and Oxidative Stress markers in a Rat Model of Propylthiouracil-Induced Hypothyroidism, Master of Physiology, 2017.
- Possible Role of L-carnitine in Improvement of Hepatic and Metabolic Changes in Hyperuricemic and Hyperuricemic-Fructose Supplemented Albino Rats, Master of Physiology, 2017.
- Sex Differences in Metabolic Responses to Stress in rats: Effect of vitamin D3 and Lipoic acid, MD of Physiology, 2016.
- Small Intestinal Motility Changes in Experimentally Induced Diabetes Mellitus and Possible Effects of Garlic Oil Supplementation, Master of Physiology, 2015.
- Physical Exercise versus Natural Estrogen Supplement in Treatment of Metabolic Syndrome in Aged Female Rats, Master of Physiology, 2014.
- Potential Cardioprotective Effects of Vitamin D on Cardiotoxicity induced by Doxorubicin, Master of Pharmacy, 2013.
- Effect of Erythropoietin on Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury in Experimentally Induced Uremic Cardiomyopathy, MD of Physiology, 2013.
Galala Plateau , Attaka , Suez