Construction Engineering & Specialized Construction
Explore Endless Opportunities
Build The Infrastructure Of Our World.
Construction Engineering & Specialized Construction Program
Suppose you want to enter the world of modern buildings and huge projects.What if you want to share in building New Egypt? Then this program is definitely for you!
It's well known that Egypt is undergoing a huge building era with all the gigantic projects across the country. This certainly requires professionals specialized in the field of construction with the knowledge and mastery of the necessary technological tools.
Construction engineering addresses the construction of the built environment with special emphasis on sustainability. The construction industry is the largest in the world. Leadership in this field requires a broad knowledge of labor, materials, equipment, capital, and construction procedures. The construction engineering program's interdisciplinary approach offers the student specialized coursework in all construction phases, designed to prepare him or her for responsible positions in the industry. Professionally, construction engineering tends to describe jobs for construction contractors and public/private owners and consultants that manage construction projects. Construction engineers are generally exposed to all civil engineering specialty areas in their daily work. Employment can be with either large or small organizations and may address general or specialized construction. Examples of constructed facilities include buildings, highways, bridges, rail systems, energy infrastructure, dams, and airports.
Graduates of the Construction Engineering & Specialized Construction Program at GU will design nuclear power plants, new and renewable energy, and special facilities such as water installations, water, and drainage plants. They will also learn about the construction of surface and deep tunnels and different bridges, whether concrete or steel. The program will also introduce different soil problems and solutions, as well as earthquakes and wind loads.
What do Construction Engineers do?
Construction engineers are civil engineers who oversee the design and implementation of large building projects. They also help maintain infrastructure systems, such as roads, dams, water supply systems, and buildings. They work with a team of fellow engineers and construction crews to organize and complete projects. Other responsibilities could include:
- Developing construction project budgets.
- Gathering resources, including employees, tools, machines, and physical materials.
- Operating machinery and using tools .
- Using computer software to plan and design projects.
- Overseeing progress and safety on construction sites.
In order to graduate, you need to study the following:
University Requirement: (14+6) = 20 Credit Hours.
General Field Requirement: (33+0) = 33 Credit Hours.
General Specialty Requirement: (64+3) = 67 Credit Hours.
Minor Specialty Requirements: (30+15) = 45 Credit Hours.
Total: (141+24) = 165 Credit Hours.
Graduates of this program will possess the following learning outcomes:
- Solve problems typically found in the construction industry in construction engineering design, estimating, planning, scheduling, and project management using mathematical, analytical, and scientific skills of engineering technology.
- Continue life-long career and professional growth by actively interacting with local industries and participating in appropriate professional societies.
- Conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and analyze and interpret the results to improve processes.
- Continue life-long personal growth insensitivity to ethical responsibilities, global environments, and associated social issues.
Upon graduation, you may pursue career paths as:
- Project Engineer.
- Project Manager.
- Construction Project Manager.
- Assistant Construction Project Manager.
- Bridge Engineers.
- Facility Engineers.
- Geo technical Engineers.
- Highway Engineers.
- Hydro graphic Engineers.
- Structural Engineers.
- Transportation Engineers.
Wait for GU's Early admission
Galala Plateau , Attaka , Suez