The procurement manager acts as the primary point of contact between suppliers and a business.
He is responsible for the procurement of products and goods for use in the business by identifying potential supplier sources, screening them and negotiating favorable payment terms. Other duties include monitoring supplier performance and ensuring contractual obligations are met. The typical job progression of procurement managers is to an executive or directorial position
Main Duties, and Responsibilities:
• Acts as a point of contact between the company and suppliers
• Identifies potential suppliers based on project requirements
• Negotiates contracts, terms, and deadlines with vendors and suppliers
• Monitors and updates relevant departments regarding price fluctuations of goods and vendor pricing
• Manages an efficient flow of goods to ensure optimum production
• Process purchase orders to acquire goods
• Works closely with the legal department to ensure contract terms are favorable to the company
• Attends meetings with the legal team, engineering team, vendors, and suppliers
· Extensive experience working in the procurement department in a related field
· Master’s degree in purchasing management is preferred
· Certification from the Next Level Purchasing Association
· Working knowledge of the industry and market conditions
· Strong understanding of procurement and negotiation techniques
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
· Ability to travel to meet with suppliers and to work overtime as required
· Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics, or business
· Proven experience managing supply chain operations.
· Experience using supply chain management software and tools, including Oracle, SAP Ariba, and/or Envision.
· In-depth knowledge of preparing and reviewing contracts, invoicing, and negotiation terms.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access).
· Management and leadership skills.
· Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
· Highly organized and detail-oriented.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.