Associate Professor Dr.-Ing. Mohamed Soliman has long years of professional experience in the field of “research and development of the metallic materials" and teaching experience in the subject-areas of “materials science” and “manufacturing technologies".
He has been intensively involved in the development and investigation of different types of metallic materials, especially the advanced high strength steels, ductile irons and Al-SiC particle-reinforced metal matrix composites. The focus of these investigations was on the development of new alloying concepts and process optimization. In this field, he has 48 International publications, being the first and corresponding author in 33 of them. Also, He supervised 12 research projects and took on the responsibility for junior researchers, who worked on these projects.
● B.Sc. Degree in mechanical design and production engineering from Cairo University, 1995.
● M.Sc. from Al-Azhar University, 2001.
● DAAD doctoral scholarship at Clausthal University of technology, 2003.
● Dr.-Ing. Degree from Clausthal University of technology, 2007.
Area of Research
- Alloy and Process Design of Metallic Materials.
- Advanced High Strength Steels.
- Thermomechanical Processing.
- Particulate Composite Materials.
- Multi-phase Ductile Iron.
- Micro-alloyed Steels.
- Nano Bainite.
Link to Publications
● Guest Editor for the Special Issue “Alloy and Process Design in Metallic Materials” at Journal “Metals” (IF: 2.12)
● Member of VDEh (Wissenschaftsvereinigung Stahl) – Germany.
● Member of TMS (The Mineral, Metal and Materials Society) – USA.
Galala Plateau , Attaka , Suez