Nanoscience & Technology
Explore Endless Opportunities
Wide Range Of Study For Tiny Substances
Nanoscience & Technology Program
If you enjoy laboratory work and have the desire to apply your scientific skills to the latest technologies that shape our world, then this may be the right path for you.
Do you enjoy…
- Going into the nano world to understand the basic unit of anything and investigate, design and invent new structures and materials out of it?
- Carrying out laboratory experiments and data analysis?
- Getting to grips with the latest research in Nanoscience and its impact on technology?
If yes, then you should consider joining this new and unique program at GU.
What Is Nanoscience?
Nanoscience and Technology program is an interdisciplinary science program designed for students interested in developing and manipulating materials at the molecular level. In the first two years students will build strong background in basic sciences; Physics, Chemistry and Biology before getting more specialized during the last two years in the field of study of their own choice. This will enrich their knowledge and allow them to work independently or within multidisciplinary teams .
Nanotechnology is the study of any science at the nanoscale. It is a big umbrella that covers wide range of applications.For instance, Nanomedicine produces nanomaterials such as gold nanorods, nanofibers to help cure disease. Nanoelectronics develop all smart electronics that we use these days from phones and computers to medical robots that can invade our bodies to perform surgical operations. Food and agricultural industry that use novel nanosized products to improve food product quality and features.
Nanotechnology proved to be capable of affecting everything in our life. It has applications that is involved in energy generation, drug synthesis and development, food industry, fabric and cloth production, hair dyes and beauty industry, beds and bedding improvement. It has an impact on everything in our day to day life.
If you’re looking for a program which will prepare you for a successful career at the forefront of the ‘Fourth Industrial Revolution’ , then this could be exactly what you’re looking for. You’ll explore the incredible potential of the nanoworld either by creating nanocapsules that are strong enough to kill cancer cells or produce very light weight airplane using ‘wonder materials’ like graphene (200 times stronger than steel, yet just one atom thick) and how these nanomaterials are set to revolutionize everything from computing to aerospace.
For a B.Sc. degree in Science, the student should successfully complete a total of 132 Credit Hours, classified as follows:
University Requirement: 20 Credit Hours.
Field requirement: 57 Credit Hours.
Specialty requirement: 55 Credit Hours.
Graduates of this program will possess the following learning outcomes:
- Acquire coherent knowledge of the underlying disciplines and concepts in nanoscience and be able to demonstrate this knowledge.
- Develop an understanding of research-based learning and demonstrate analytical skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply the principles of teamwork and collaboration.
- Have an awareness of international issues within nanoscience.
What can I do with an undergraduate degree in Nanoscience?
After 4 years, you will get a BSc. in nanoscience and technology program. you will be a scientist in any of the minors you are interested in. You can continue with your studies to get your Masters (M.Sc.) and doctorate (Ph.D.). Graduates can find job opportunities related to:
- Nanoscale characterization in research labs.
- All fields of Research.
- Dental and medical nanomaterials.
- Pharmaceutical companies for drug development and delivery.
- Field of Electronics; Internet, Mobile, and computer development.
- Agricultural development.
- Food industry.
- Cloth manufacturing, specifically for medical use and/or sports clothes.
Some of the jobs you can apply to:
- Research lab specialist.
- Researcher in any field.
- Chemist in pharmaceutical companies.
- Biochemist in medical supplies companies.
- Nanoelectronics developer in mobile and computer companies.
- Textile Nano treatment developer.
- Chemist in petroleum companies.
- Physicist in aircraft manufacturing companies.
- Physicist in x-ray centers.
- Medical product physicist.
- Physicist in communication companies.
- Physicist in electronics companies.
Industries that hire Nanoscience graduates:
- Industrial Manufacturers.
- Medical Equipment/Devices.
- Research & Development.
- Quality Control and Inspection Companies.
Galala Plateau , Attaka , Suez