Assistant Professor and Oral Biology (Dental Anatomy) course director & member of the International Affairs Committee at Galala University. Before joining GU, he worked as a Consultant of Scientific Affairs Committee, Faculty of Dentistry, Cairo University.
Professor Badawy was awarded his PhD degree (Japanese Government Scholarship) in Dental Sciences (Molecular Cell Biology and Oral Anatomy) from one of the most prestigious top ranked universities in Japan, Kyushu University. Also, He has several International scientific publications in high impact peer-reviewed journals as Laboratory Investigation (Springer Nature), Journal of Immunology, Journal of Bone and Mineral Research etc., and contributed as a speaker and poster presenter in several international conferences in Japan, Canada and USA.
He is also a member of Kyushu University Alumni, the Japanese Society for Bone and Mineral Research (JSBMR) & the Japanese Association of Oral Biology (JAOB). He has many years of academic teaching expertise in Cairo University since 2006 and clinical expertise as a consultant dentist in private dental clinics. He has a total of 9 publications including 8 International Scientific Publications.
- Ph.D. in Dental Sciences, Division of Oral Biological Sciences, Molecular Cell Biology and Oral Anatomy, Graduate School of Dental Science, Kyushu University, Egypt.
- M.Sc. Degree in Oral Biology Faculty of Dentistry, Cairo University, Egypt.
- B.D.S Degree of Oral and Dental Surgery, Faculty of Dentistry, Cairo University, Egypt with Excellent Grade and Honor Degree.
- Molecular Mechanism of Hard Tissue Regeneration.
- Regulation of bone remodeling through osteoblast specific cell-surface protein molecules.
- Molecular basis of coupling of osteoclasts and osteoblasts.
Links to Publications
List of Publications
1. Osteoblast-Lineage Specific Cell-Surface Antigen (A7) Regulates Osteoclast Recruitment and Calcification during Bone Remodeling. Lab Invest. 2019; 99(6):866-884.
2. Unique Osteoblast-Specific Cell-Surface Antigen Useful for Odontoblast Ontology and Dentin Regeneration. Journal of Oral Health and Dental Science. 2018; 2: 1-7.
3. IL-1β Induces Pathologically Activated Osteoclasts Bearing Extremely High Levels of Resorbing Activity: A Possible Pathological Subpopulation of Osteoclasts, Accompanied by Suppressed Expression of Integrin Regulating Molecule Kindlin-3 and Talin-1. The Journal of Immunology. 2018; 200:218-228.
4. Osteoblast-Specific Cell-Surface Antigen Regulating Osteoclastogenesis and Calcification: A Possible Unique Modulator of Bone Remodeling. In JOURNAL OF BONE AND MINERAL RESEARCH, vol. 33, pp. 252-252. 111 RIVER ST, HOBOKEN 07030-5774, NJ USA: WILEY, 2018.
5. Osteoblast-Lineage Specific Cell-Surface Antigen Regulating Osteoclastogenesis and Calcification: A Possible New Player in Bone Remodeling. Journal of Oral Biosciences, Suppl. 2018.
6. Novel Osteoblast-Lineage Specific Cell-Surface Antigen Possibly Regulating Osteoclastogenesis and Calcification. Official proceedings of the 36th Annual Meeting of the Japanese Society for Bone and Mineral Research, (JSBMR 2018). ISSN 1349-0761.pp. 156.
7. Osteoclasts Formed under Stimulation by IL-1β Possess Extremely High Ability to Secrete Protons and to Resorb Dentin with Abnormal Adhesiveness, Imaged by pH-Sensitive Fluorescence Probes. In JOURNAL OF BONE AND MINERAL RESEARCH, vol. 32, pp. S234-S234. 111 RIVER ST, HOBOKEN 07030-5774, NJ USA: WILEY, 2017.
8. Immunoprophylactic Effect of Active Hexose Correlated Compound on Normal and Induced Submandibular Salivary Gland Neoplasm in Albino Rats. Cairo Dental Journal 2012; 28: 485:490.
9. Immunoprophylactic Effect of Active Hexose Correlated Compound on Normal and Induced Submandibular Salivary Gland Neoplasm in Albino Rats. Presented at the 20th International Congress on Nutrition and Integrative Medicine (ICNIM) 2012.
- Awarded the Japanese Government Scholarship (MEXT) by Kyushu University recommendation as a Ph.D. Student in the Department of Molecular Cell Biology and Oral Anatomy, Graduate School of Dental Science. Kyushu University, Fukuoka, JAPAN. Ph.D. Course (2014-2018).
- Selected by Kyushu University to give a Speech in the official Ph.D. Graduation Ceremony in front of the University President. Fukuoka, JAPAN (25 September, 2018).
- Abstract was selected as one of the best abstracts in The 36th Annual Meeting of the Japanese Society for Bone and Mineral Research, (JSBMR 2018), Nagasaki, Japan (26-28 July, 2018).
- Certificate of Appreciation for being promoted as an Assistant Professor from “Cairo University Academic Staff Members Club".
- Certificate of Appreciation for being promoted as a Lecturer from “Cairo University Academic Staff Members Club".
- Certificate of Appreciation as an Instructor from “Cairo University Academic Staff Members Club".
- Certificate of Appreciation from the Egyptian Dental Syndicate for obtaining the B.D.S. with Honors.
Galala Plateau , Attaka , Suez