Una El Shinnawi
Professor Una El Shinnawi has been a Professor of Oral Medicine, Periodontology and Oral Diagnosis in the faculty of Dentistry, Mansoura University since 2004, She was the Former Dean of faculty of Dentistry, Mansoura University in 2011. Professor El Shinnawi has introduced an Electronic course of Oral Diagnosis for fourth year dental students since 2008. She’s also a Member of Manchester Dental Program, Mansoura University since 2017.
Professor El Shinnawi is the author of an International book : InTech-Acute phase protein as early non specific biomarkers of human & veterinary disease (Edited by Francisco Veas). In addition to that, she has an important participation in scientific research with a total number of 17 papers published in high impact International journals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Dental Medicine and Surgery, Faculty of Dentistry, Mansoura University. 1982
- Masters degree in Oral Medicine, Periodontology, Diagnosis and Oral Radiology, Faculty of Dentistry, Mansoura University. 1989
- Doctorate Oral Medicine, Periodontology, Diagnosis and Oral Radiology, Dentistry, Mansoura University. 1993
Area of Research
- Oral Medicine
- Diagnosis for Dental Students
Link to Publications
List of Publications
- Effect of Flurbiprofen on Gingival Prostaglandin E2 Level in Periodontal Diseased Patients
Prof. Una El-Shinnawi Prof. Dr. Laila Gad-Allah. Dental Research- Vol 76, Special Issue – 1997.
- The Effect of Alendronate Sodium on Alveolar Bone Loss in Periodontitis (Clinical Trial)
Prof. Una El-shinnawi Prof.Salah Tantawi International Academy of Periodontology – Vol. 5 No. 1 – January 2003
- Enhanced Enzymatic activity of candida species responsible for Oral candidiasis in Renal transplant recipients
Mohamed M. Anees, Adam Reich, Larysa Hirschberg, Una M. El-Shinnawi, Tarek Mostafa Ibrahiem, Solafa EL-Shaarawy, and Jacek C. Szepietowski. Mycoses Feb. 2010
- Comparison of enzymatic activity between Candida Albicans and Candida Krusei.
Mohamed M. Anees, Adam Reich, Larysa Hirschberg, Una M. El-Shinnawi, Tarek Mostafa Ibrahiem, Solafa EL-Shaarawy, and Jacek C. Szepietowski. Mikologia Lekarska (Medical Mycology) 2010, 17 (1): 7-10.
- Associations between periodontitis & systemic inflammatory diseases: response to treatment
Una M. El-Shinnawi and Mena Soory Recent Patents on Endocrine,Metabolic & Immune Drug Discovery 2013,7,169-188
- Azithromycin treatment of drug induced gingival hyperplasia in renal transplant patients
- Nayer Aboelsaad, Una M. El-Shinnawi and Adel Bakr The International Arabic Journal Of Antimicrobial Agents 2013, 3, 1-6.
- Periodontal Regenerative Materials and Their Applications: Mechanisms of Action
Una M. El-Shinnawi and Mena Soory Recent Patents on Regenerative Medicine 2014, 4, 103-119
- Is Melatonin supplementation a viable adjunctive therapy for chronic periodontitis?A randomized control clnical trial. El-Sharkawy H, Elmeadawy S, El-Shinnawi U, Anees M. J Periodontal Res.2019 Apr;54(2):190-197.
- Badge of honor from president Anwar El Sadat being the best swimmer in Egypt, Africa& Middle East.
Professor of Oral Medicine, Periodontology and Oral Diagnosis in faculty of Dentistry, Mansoura University since 2004.
Former Vice Dean of education and student affairs Faculty of Dentistry Mansoura University from 2008 l 2011.
Former Dean of faculty of Dentistry Mansoura University. 2011
Head of Department of Oral Medicine, Periodontology and Oral Diagnosis 2008, 2011 l 2012 & 2013 l 2016.
National expert of Quality Assurance & Accreditation of Education (NAQAAE) in Egypt since 2008.
Member of Egyptian Universities Promotion Committees (EUPC) 2013 l 2019.
Member of Manchester Dental Program Committee since 2017 in faculty of Dentistry, Mansoura University.
Head of Department of Quality Assurance & Accreditation Project 2007 l 2008
Author of an International book: In Tech-Acute Phase Protein as early nonspecific biomarkers of human & veterinary disease ( edited by Francisco Veas) chapter name: Diagnostic Value of Acute phase proteins in periodontal, psychosomatic & cardiometabolic diseases : Response to treatment October 2011.
Member of Post graduate Studies & Research committee 2015-2018 Faculty of Dentistry, Mansoura University.
Member of Educational & Student Affairs committee 2015 l 2019 Faculty of Dentistry, Mansoura University.
Champion of Egypt in swimming for 10 years (1969 l 1978)
Champion swimmer of Europe 1970 l 1975
Champion of Africa in swimming owning 4 gold medals in the second all African games in Lagos, Nigeria 1973
Champion swimmer of Mediterranean Sea Games in Algeria 1973 owning 2 gold medals.
15th place in the world championship in Belgrade 1973.
Chosen as the best athlete in Africa and Middle East in 1974.