Professor Walid Elkhatib is a former chairperson of Microbiology and Immunology Department at Faculty of Pharmacy, BUC. Previously, he was a chairperson of Microbiology and Immunology Department and one of the founders of Faculty of Pharmacy, Ain Shams University. Furthermore, Dr. Elkhatib is an arbitrator in the national promotion committee of professorship (Microbiology & Immunology specialty) in Supreme Council of Universities (SCU) as well as in the national research center (NRC), and national organization for drug control and research (NODCAR) promotion committees.
Dr. Elkhatib had his postdoctoral fellowship in infectious diseases from University of Minnesota Duluth, MN, USA. Dr. Elkhatib has led many collaborative research projects in multiple institutions including University of Minnesota Duluth, Hampton University, Eastern Virginia Medical School, University of California Irvine, and Chapman University. As an eminent Microbiologist, he was invited by the International Congress of Bacteriology and Infectious Diseases as an expert and speaker in 161th Omics Group Conference and he received a certificate of recognition for his phenomenal outstanding research.
Dr. Elkhatib has an ultimate goal to promote international education and collaborative research on infectious diseases therapies. Dr. Elkhatib has exceptional records of publications and presentations in both national and international symposia and conferences. He has served as a reviewer for various prestigious journals as well as other national research institutions.
Dr. Elkhatib has received different awards and honors including ParOwn (Twice), ICAAC Infectious Diseases Fellows Grant awarded by American Society for Microbiology, national award of Pharmaceuticals & Biopharmaceuticals, Ain Shams University award for outstanding publications (Eight), and Ain Shams University appreciation award for outstanding scholarly activities as well as BUC awards for outstanding publications (twelve). Furthermore, Dr. Elkhatib has participated in several Television and Radio programs for COVID-19 awareness as well as adverse effects of antibiotics and their misuse and abuse on national and international levels.
- M.Sc., in Medical Microbiology, Department of Microbiology & Immunology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt. 2001
- B.Sc., in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Faculty of Pharmacy, Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt. 1996
- PhD., Microbiology & Immunology, Department of Microbiology & Immunology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt. 2006
Area of Research
- Microbial Biofilms.
- Emergence & Epidemiology of Microbial Resistance.
- Mechanisms of Microbial Resistance.
- Control of Bacterial and Fungal Resistance.
- Biotechnology for Antibiotic Production & its Scaling Up.
- Fermentation Technologies & Optimization.
- Tissue Culture and Cytotoxicity.
- Catheter & Prosthetic Devices Related Infections.
- Pharmacokinetic/Pharmacodynamic Modeling for Anti-infectives.
Links to Publications
List of Publications
- R. S. El-Houssieny, M. M. Aboulwafa, W. F. Elkhatib, N. A. Hassouna. 2020. Molecular versus conventional techniques for the detection of Staphylococcus aureus, Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Candida albicans in non-sterile pharmaceutical preparations. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research. 11(8): 3664-3678. http://dx.doi.org/10.13040/IJPSR.0975-8232.11(8).3664-78
- Amgad I. Alkorashy, Ahmed S. Doghish, Ahmed I. Abulsoud, Mohamed G. Ewees, Tamer M. Abdelghany, Mostafa M. Elshafey, Walid F. Elkhatib. 2020. Effect of scopoletin on phagocytic activity of U937-derived human macrophages: Insights from transcriptomic analysis. Genomics. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ygeno.2020.03.022
- Nada A. Abdelrazek, Walid F. Elkhatib, Marwa M. Raafat, Mohammad M. Aboulwafa. 2020. Production, characterization and bioinformatics analysis of l‑asparaginase from a new Stenotrophomonas maltophilia EMCC2297 soil isolate. AMB Express. 10: 71. https://doi.org/10.1186/s13568-020-01005-7
- Rana N. Abokhalil, Walid F. Elkhatib, Mohammad M. Aboulwafa, Nadia A. Hassouna. 2020. Persisters of Klebsiella pneumoniae and Proteus mirabilis: A Common Phenomenon and Different Behavior Profiles. Current Microbiology (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00284-020-01926-3
- Hossam M. Ashour, Walid F. Elkhatib, Md. Masudur Rahman, Hatem A. Elshabrawy. 2020. Insights into the Recent 2019 Novel Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) in Light of Past Human Coronavirus Outbreaks. Pathogens. 9(3): 186-200 https://doi.org/10.3390/pathogens9030186
- Mohamed Elhadidy, Mohamed M. Ali, Ayman El-Shibiny, William G. Miller, Walid F. Elkhatib, Nadine Botteldoorn, Katelijne Dierick. 2020. Antimicrobial resistance patterns and molecular resistance markers of Campylobacter jejuni isolates from human diarrheal cases. PLoS ONE 15(1): e0227833. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0227833
- Walid F. Elkhatib, Mahmoud A.F. Khalil, Hossam M. Ashour. 2019. Integrons and antiseptic resistance genes mediate resistance of Acinetobacter baumannii and Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolates from intensive care unit patients with wound infections. Current Molecular Medicine. 19: 1-8. https://doi.org/10.2174/1566524019666190321113008
- Nada A. Abdelrazek, Walid F. Elkhatib, Marwa M. Raafat, Mohammad M. Aboulwafa. 2019. Diverse origins of microbial L-asparaginases and their current miscellaneous applications. Archives of Pharmaceutical Sciences ASU. 3(1): 21-36. DOI: 10.21608/aps.2019.20220
- Houdaii H. El-Houssaini, Walid F. Elkhatib, Omnia M. Elnabawy, Hebatallah A. Nasser. 2019. Antifungal resistance and predominance of virulence determinants among Candida albicans isolated from various clinical specimens. Archives of Pharmaceutical Sciences ASU. 3(1): 11-20. DOI: 10.21608/aps.2019.20210
- Yomna N. Elkholy, Walid F. Elkhatib, Khaled M. Aboshanab, Mohammad M. Aboulwafa, Nadia A. Hassouna. 2019. Evaluation of antimicrobial activity and in vitro safety of the methanolic extract of Streptomyces manipurensis soil isolate H21 for potential industrial applications. Archives of Pharmaceutical Sciences ASU. 3(1): 1-10. DOI: 10.21608/aps.2019.20201
- Nada A. Abdelrazek, Walid F. Elkhatib, Marwa M. Raafat, and Mohammad M. Aboulwafa. 2019. Experimental and bioinformatics study for production of L-asparaginase from Bacillus licheniformis: a promising enzyme for medical application. AMB Express. 9(39): 1-16. https://doi.org/10.1186/s13568-019-0751-3
- Martha M. Naguib, Ahmed S. Khairalla, Ahmed O. El-Gendy, and Walid F. Elkhatib. 2019. Isolation and characterization of mercury-resistant bacteria from wastewater sources in Egypt. Canadian Journal of Microbiology. 65: 1-14. https://doi.org/10.1139/cjm-2018-0379
- Wafaa E. Soliman, Ashraf I. Ali, Walid F. Elkhatib. 2019. Evaluation of surface roughness and Streptococcus mutans adhesion to bulk-fill resin composites polished with different systems. Advances in Microbiology. 9: 87-101. https://doi.org/10.4236/aim.2019.91007
- Houdaii H. El-Houssaini, Omnia M. Elnabawy, Hebatallah A. Nasser, Walid F. Elkhatib. 2019. Influence of subinhibitory antifungal concentrations on extracellular hydrolases and biofilm production by Candida albicans recovered from Egyptian patients. BMC Infectious Diseases. 19: 54-62. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12879-019-3685-0
- Houdaii H. El-Houssaini, Omnia M. Elnabawy, Hebatallah A. Nasser, Walid F. Elkhatib. 2019. Correlation between antifungal resistance and virulence factors in Candida albicans recovered from vaginal specimens. Microbial Pathogenesis. 128: 13-19. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.micpath.2018.12.028
- Mennatallah A. Mohamed, Maha Nasr, Walid F. Elkhatib, Wafaa N. Eltayeb. 2018. In vitro evaluation of antimicrobial activity and cytotoxicity of different nanobiotics targeting multidrug resistant and biofilm forming Staphylococci. BioMed Research International. Vol. 2018, Article ID 7658238, 7 pages. https://doi.org/10.1155/2018/7658238
- Masarra M. Sakr, Khaled M. Aboshanab, Walid F. Elkhatib, Mahmoud A. Yassien, Nadia A. Hassouna. 2018. Overexpressed recombinant quorum quenching lactonase reduces the virulence, motility and biofilm formation of multidrug-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa clinical isolates. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00253-018-9418-2
- Samira M. Hamed, Walid F. Elkhatib, Hadir A. El-Mahallawy, Mai M. Helmy, Mohamed S. Ashour, Khaled M.A. Aboshanab. 2018. Multiple mechanisms contributing to ciprofloxacin resistance among Gram negative bacteria causing infections to cancer patients. Scientific Reports. 8: 12268. https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-018-30756-4
- Raghda A. Singab, Ahmed M. Elissawy, Walid F. Elkhatib, Mahmoud A. Yassien, Nadia A. Hassouna. 2018. Biotransformation of caffeic acid into a promising biologically active metabolite by Candida albicans isolate CI-24. Archives of Pharmaceutical Sciences ASU. 2(1): 37-46. https://doi.org/10.21608/aps.2018.18733
- Rana N. Abokhalil, Walid F. Elkhatib, Mohammad M. Aboulwafa, Nadia A. Hassouna. 2018. Recovery and characterization of Proteus mirabilis persisters. Archives of Pharmaceutical Sciences ASU. 2(1):31-36. https://doi.org/10.21608/APS.2018.18732
- Yomna N. Elkholy, Khaled M. Aboshanab, Walid F. Elkhatib, Mohammad M. Aboulwafa, Nadia A. Hassouna. 2018. Isolation, Screening and identification of two Streptomyces soil isolates exhibiting strong antimicrobial activities against Extended Spectrum Beta Lactamase (ESBL) producers. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 6(8): 65-78. http://www.wjpsonline.org/admin/uploads/HxL863.pdf
- Shaban Darwish, Ahmed Noreddin, Rakesh Tiwari, Walid F. Elkhatib. 2018. In silico design, synthesis, and in vitro evaluation of novel amphipathic short linear peptides against clinically relevant bacterial biofilms. International Journal of Peptide Research and Therapeutics. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10989-018-9755-0
- Amani T. Abdulzahra, Mahmoud A.F. Khalil, Walid F. Elkhatib. 2018. First report of colistin resistance among carbapenem-resistant Acinetobacter baumannii isolates recovered from hospitalized patients in Egypt. New Microbes and New Infections. 26: 53 – 58. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nmni.2018.08.007.
- Masarra M. Sakr, Khaled M. Aboshanab, Walid F. Elkhatib, Mahmoud A. Yassien, Nadia A. Hassouna. 2018. The effect of Ahl-1 recombinant lactonase on the resistance of Pseudomonas aeruginosa clinical isolates. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 6(6): 101-106. https://www.wjpsonline.org/admin/uploads/UwDhPA.pdf
- Samira M. Hamed, Khaled M.A. Aboshanab, Hadir A. El-Mahallawy, Mai M. Helmy, Mohamed S. Ashour, Walid F. Elkhatib. 2018. Plasmid-Mediated Quinolone Resistance in Gram-Negative Pathogens Isolated from Cancer Patients in Egypt. Microbial Drug Resistance. 24(9):1316-1325. https://doi.org/10.1089/mdr.2017.0354
- Nahla M. Mansour, Walid F. Elkhatib, Khaled M. Aboshanab, May M. A. Bahr. 2018. Inhibition of Clostridium difficile in mice using a mixture of potential probiotic strains Enterococcus faecalis NM815, E. faecalis NM915, and E. faecium NM1015: Novel candidates to control C. difficile infection (CDI). Probiotics and Antimicrobial Proteins. 10(3):511-522. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12602-017-9285-7
- Ahmad M. Abbas, Khaled M. Aboshanab, Walid F. Elkhatib, Mohammad M. Aboulwafa, Nadia A. Hassouna. 2017. Improvement of bioconversion of vitamin D3 into calcitriol by Actinomyces hyovaginalis through protoplast fusion and enzyme immobilization. International Journal of Biotechnology for Wellness Industries. 6: 32-40. https://doi.org/10.6000/1927-3037.2017.06.01.4.
- Doaa M. Osama, Walid F. Elkhatib, Amany M. Tawfeik, Mohammad M. Aboulwafa, Nadia A. Hassouna. 2017. Antimicrobial, antibiofilm and immunomodulatory activities of Lactobacillus rhamnosus and Lactobacillus gasseri against some bacterial pathogen. International Journal of Biotechnology for Wellness Industries. 6: 12-21. https://www.lifescienceglobal.com/pms/index.php/ijbwi/article/view/4593
- Wasfi R, Elkhatib WF, Ashour HM. 2016. Molecular typing and virulence analysis of multidrug resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae clinical isolates recovered from Egyptian hospitals. Scientific Reports. 6:38929. doi: 10.1038/srep38929
- Nooran S. Elleboudy, Walid F. Elkhatib, Mohammad M. Aboulwafa, Nadia A. Hassouna. 2016. Production and Characterization of Phospholipases C from some Bacillus thuringiensis Isolates Recovered from Egyptian Soil. International Journal of Biotechnology for Wellness Industries. 5: 10-24. http://dx.doi.org/10.6000/1927-3037.2016.05.01.3.
- Wasfi R, Elkhatib WF, Khairalla AS. 2016. Effects of Selected Egyptian Honeys on the Cellular Ultrastructure and the Gene Expression Profile of Escherichia coli. PLoS One. 11(3):e0150984. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0150984
- Abdelrazak M. Ali, Walid F. Elkhatib. 2015. Potential Complications of Helicobacter pylori Infection in Children of a Non-Urban Community. Archives of Pediatric Infectious Diseases. 3(2): e23510. http://dx.doi.org/10.5812/pedinfect.23510.
- Abdelrazak MA, Walid FE, Abdelrahman M, Mohamed AM. 2015. Interrelation between Helicobacter Pylori Infection, Infantile Colic, and Irritable Bowel Syndrome in Pediatric Patients. Journal of Medical and Biological Science Research. 1(7): 85-91. https://doi.org/10.4172/2161-069X.S1.026
- Ali AM, Abdelaziz SS, Elkhatib WF. 2015. Helicobacter pylori infection and its potential association with idiopathic hypercalciuric urolithiasis in pediatric patients. Journal of Immunology & Infectious Diseases. 2(2): 1-6.http://www.annexpublishers.com/articles/JIID/2103-Helicobacter-pylori-Infection-and-its-Potential-Association-with-Idiopathic-Hypercalciuric-Urolithiasis-in-Pediatric-Patients.pdf
- Elhadidy M, Elkhatib W, Abo Elfadl E, Verstraete K, Denayer S, Barbau-Piednoir E, De Zutter L, Verhaegen B, De Rauw K, Piérard D, De Reu K, Heyndrickx M. 2015. Genetic diversity of shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli O157:H7 recovered from human and food sources. Microbiology. 161(1):112-119. https://doi.org/10.1099/mic.0.083063-0.
- Walid F. Elkhatib, Pamela S. Hair; Julius O. Nyalwidhe; Kenji M. Cunnion. 2015. New potential role of serum Apolipoprotein E mediated by its binding to clumping factor A during Staphylococcus aureus-invasive infections to humans. Journal of Medical Microbiology. 64: 335-343. EMID:7d32d13fe44c423f. https://doi.org/10.1099/jmm.0.000010.
- Mohamed Elhadidy, Walid F. Elkhatib, Denis. Piérar, Koen De Reu, Marc Heyndrickx. 2015. Model-based clustering of Escherichia coli O157:H7 genotypes and their potential association with clinical outcome in human infections. Diagnostic Microbiology and Infectious Disease. 83(2):198–202. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.diagmicrobio.2015.06.016
- Elhadidy MM, Elkhatib WF. 2014. Multilocus genotypic characterization of Escherichia coli O157:H7 recovered from food sources. Epidemiology and Infection. 143(11):2367-2372. https://doi.org/10.1017/s0950268814003197
- Elkhatib W, Noreddin A. 2014. Efficacy of ciprofloxacin-clarithromycin combination against drug-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa mature biofilm using in vitro experimental model. Microbial Drug Resistance. 20(6): 575-582. https://doi.org/10.1089/mdr.2014.0024
- Farooq SM, Elkhatib WF, Ashour HM. 2014. The in vivo and in vitro induction of anterior chamber associated immune deviation to myelin antigens in C57BL/6 mice. Brain Behavior & Immunity. 42: 118-122. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bbi.2014.06.010
- Ahmed GF, Elkhatib WF, Noreddin AM. 2014. Inhibition of Pseudomonas aeruginosa PAO1 adhesion to and invasion of A549 lung epithelial cells by natural extracts. Journal of Infection and Public Health. 7(5):436-444. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jiph.2014.01.009
- Elkhatib WF, Khairalla AS, Ashour HM. 2014. Evaluation of different microtiter plate-based methods for the quantitative assessment of Staphylococcus aureus biofilms. Future Microbiology. 9(6):725-735. https://doi.org/10.2217/fmb.14.33
- Ali AM, Elkhatib WF, Abdelaziz SS. 2014. Procalcitonin versus C-reactive protein in neonatal sepsis. Journal of Immunology & Infectious Diseases. 1(1): 103-107. https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/7c7d/2cc82f89e3403a4bb012f1077494dea46caa.pdf
- Walid Elkhatib, and Ayman Noreddin. 2014. In vitro antibiofilm efficacies of different antibiotic combinations with zinc sulfate against Pseudomonas aeruginosa recovered from hospitalized patients with urinary tract infection. Antibiotics. 3(1): 64-84. https://doi.org/10.3390/antibiotics3010064
- Rania S. Elhoussieny, Mohammad M. Aboulwafa, Walid F. Elkhatib, Nadia A. Hassouna. 2013. Recovery and detection of microbial contaminants in some non-sterile pharmaceutical products. Archives of Clinical Microbiology. 4(6): 1-14. doi: 10.3823/278. https://www.coursehero.com/file/60389965/9pdf
- Samira M. Hamed, Khaled M. Aboshanab, Walid F. Elkhatib, and Mohamed S. Ashour. 2013. Aminoglycoside resistance patterns of certain gram negative uropathogens recovered from hospitalized Egyptian patients. British Microbiology Research Journal. 3(4): 678-691. https://doi.org/10.9734/BMRJ/2013/5167
- Amany Elsharif, Walid F. Elkhatib, and Hossam M. Ashour. 2012. Nosocomial infections in leukemic and solid-tumor cancer patients: distribution, outcome and microbial spectrum of anaerobes. Future Microbiology. 7(12): 1423–1429. https://doi.org/10.2217/fmb.12.125
- Noreddin AM, Elkhatib WF, Cunnion KM, Zhanel GG. 2011. Cumulative clinical experience from over a decade of use of levofloxacin in community-acquired pneumonia: critical appraisal and role in therapy. Drug Healthcare and Patient Safety. 3: 59–68. https://doi.org/10.2147/DHPS.S15599.
- Salem AH, Elkhatib WF, Noreddin AM. 2011. Pharmacodynamic assessment of vancomycin–rifampicin combination against methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus biofilm: a parametric response surface analysis. Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology. 63(1): 73-79. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.2042-7158.2010.01183.x.
- Salem AH, Elkhatib WF, Ahmed GF, Noreddin AM. 2010. Pharmacodynamics of moxifloxacin versus vancomycin against biofilms of Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus and epidermidis in an In vitro model. Journal of Chemotherapy. 22 (4): 238-242. https://doi.org/10.1179/joc.2010.22.4.238
- Noreddin AM, Elkhatib WF. 2010. Levofloxacin in the treatment of community acquired pneumonia. Expert Review of Anti-Infective Therapy. 8(5): 505 – 514. https://doi.org/10.1586/eri.10.35
- Hakim KN, Eldahshan OA and El-Khatib WF. 2010. Promising antioxidant and cytotoxic activities of the aqueous ethanolic extract of carob leaves. African Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology. 4(6): 330-334. https://doi.org/10.5897/AJPP.9000241
- Noreddin AM, Elkhatib WF. 2009. Novel in vitro pharmacodynamic model simulating ofloxacin pharmacokinetics in the treatment of Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilm-associated infections. Journal of Infection and Public Health. 2(3): 120-128. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jiph.2009.07.004
- Elkhatib WF, Haynes VL and Noreddin AM. 2009. Microbiological appraisal of levofloxacin activity against Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilm in combination with different calcium channel blockers in vitro. Journal of Chemotherapy. 21(2): 135-143. https://doi.org/10.1179/joc.2009.21.2.135
- Elkhatib WF and Noreddin AM. 2009. A new fluorogenic assay for monitoring and determining planktonic and biofilm forms of Pseudomonas aeruginosa viable count in vitro. Journal of Rapid Methods and Automation in Microbiology. 17(3): 304-314. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1745-4581.2009.00156.x
- Noreddin AM, El-Khatib WF, Aolie, J, Salem AH and Zhanel GG. 2009. Pharmacodynamic target attainment potential of azithromycin, clarithromycin and telithromycin in serum and epithelial lining fluid (ELF) of community acquired pneumonia (CAP) patients with penicillin-susceptible, intermediate and resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae. International Journal of Infectious Diseases (IJID). 13: 483-487. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijid.2008.08.016
- Elkhatib W, Noreddin A. 2009. Novel approach against central venous catheter associated infection with Acinetobacter baumannii biofilm. Journal of Medical Devices. 3(2):027543-027543-1. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.3135149
- ElKhatib WF, Haynes VL and Noreddin AM. 2008. Unexpected induction of resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa biofilm to fluoroquinolones by diltiazem: A new perspective of microbiological drug-drug interaction. Journal of Infection and Public Health. 1(2): 105-112. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jiph.2008.10.004
- Noreddin AM, El-Khatib WF and Haynes V. 2008. Optimal dosing design for antibiotic therapy in the elderly: A pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic perspective. Recent Patents on Anti-Infect Drug Discovery. 3(1): 45-52. https://doi.org/10.2174/157489108783413191
- Certificate of Appreciation for Outstanding International Publication from Ain Shams University. (2021)
- Awards of Outstanding International Publication from Badr University in Cairo (BUC), Badr City, Cairo, Egypt. (2019)
- Awards of Outstanding International Publication from Badr University in Cairo (BUC), Badr City, Cairo, Egypt. (2018)
- Certificate of Recognition for exceptional teaching capabilities in Pharmaceutical Microbiology and Parasitology courses. (2016)
- Certificate of Appreciation for development and automation of Students Affairs & Control Unit at Faculty of Pharmacy, Ain Shams University. (2015)
- Certificate of Appreciation for reviewing, evaluation, and grading the PhD proposals & short term Postdoctoral proposals submitted from different universities nationwide to Cultural Affairs and the missions sector in the Ministry of Higher Education (2015).
- Certificate of Appreciation for heading the steering committee for document preparation and criteria completion of Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) Word University Ranking at Faculty of Pharmacy, Ain Shams University (2015).
- Certificate of Appreciation for active participation in Microbiological quality control and analysis of some final products of Egyptian Pharmaceutical companies through the Experiments & Advanced Pharmaceutical Research Unit (EAPRU) at Faculty of Pharmacy, Ain Shams University (2015).
- Award of Outstanding International Publication from Ain-Shams University (2015).
- Certificate of Recognition for exceptional teaching capabilities in Pharmaceutical Microbiology and Parasitology courses and General Microbiology Course (2014).
- Certificate of Appreciation awarded by the 17th Congress of the Association of Pharmacy Colleges in the Arab World for oral presentation of the research article (2014).
- Certificate of recognition from the international congress on bacteriology and infectious diseases at Baltimore, MD, USA (2013).
- Scientific award from Ain Shams University for outstanding scholarly activities (2013).
- Appreciation award from Faculty of Pharmacy for effective participation in Quality Assurance Unit which led to accreditation of Faculty of Pharmacy, Ain Shams University from National Authority for Quality Assurance and Accreditation of Education (2013).
- Partnership & Ownership (ParOwn) Grant-0911 from the Ministry of Higher Education & State for Scientific Research for participating in collaborative research in the USA (2013).
- Awards of Outstanding International Publication from Ain Shams University (2011).
- Institution and Individual Award (Single yearly Memorial Prize of Professor in the field of Pharmaceuticals & Biopharmaceuticals) from Academy of Scientific Research and Technology (2010).
- ICAAC ID Fellows Grant Program. This program was awarded by American Society for Microbiology (2009).
- Postdoctoral fellowship sponsored by College of Pharmacy, University of Minnesota Duluth (UMD) for two years (2008).
- The Ministry of Higher Education & State for Scientific Research, Cairo, Egypt has awarded me an extension grant for pursuing my research activities in the US for three months relying on the superb achievements (2007).
- Certificate of appreciation from the Minister of Higher Education & State for Scientific Research, Cairo, Egypt for my ParOwn Grant-1106 attainment which was based on competence and excellence in research (2007).
- Partnership & Ownership (ParOwn) Grant-1106 from the Ministry of Higher Education & State for Scientific Research for participating in collaborative research in the USA (2007).
- Award from Egyptian Pharmacy Syndicate for Excellent Scientists in Pharmaceutical Sciences (2006).
- Head of Microbiology and Immunology Department, School of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Industries, Badr University (BUC), Cairo. Sept-18 l Aug-20
- Arbitrator at Scientific Promotion Committee of Microbiology & Immunology professorship at the national organization for drug control and research (Nodcar). July-20 l Current
- Head of Microbiology & Immunology Department, Faculty of Pharmacy, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt. July-17 l Jan-18
- Arbitrator at Scientific Promotion Committee of Pharmaceutical Microbiology & Immunology (Supreme Council of Universities). 2016 l Current
- Professor at the Department of Microbiology & Immunology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt. 2016 l Current
- Research Associate Professor at:
- School of Pharmacy, Chapman University, Irvine, CA, USA.
- University of California Irvine (UCI) Medical Center, Orange, CA, USA. July-16 l Jan-17
- Head of Microbiology & Immunology Department, Faculty of Pharmacy, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt. 2014 l 2015
- Visiting Scientist at Department of Pharmacy Practice, School of Pharmacy, Hampton University, Hampton, VA, USA. July-13 l April-14
- Acting Head of Microbiology & Immunology Department, Faculty of Pharmacy, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt. 2013
- Visiting Scientist at:
- Department of Pharmacy Practice, School of Pharmacy, Hampton University, Hampton, VA, USA.
- Department of Pediatrics, Eastern Virginia Medical School (EVMS), Norfolk, VA, USA.
- Associate Professor at Department of Microbiology & Immunology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt. 2011 l 2015
- Lecturer (PhD) at Department of Microbiology & Immunology, College of Pharmacy, Ahram Canadian University (ACU), Giza, Egypt. 2010 l 2011
- Lecturer (PhD) at Microbiology Department, Faculty of Pharmacy, October University for Modern Sciences and Arts (MSA), 6th October, Egypt 2011
- Postdoctoral Infectious Diseases Fellowship at College of Pharmacy, University of Minnesota Duluth (UMD), Duluth, Minnesota, USA. 2008 l 2010
- Lecturer (PhD) at Department of Microbiology & Immunology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt. 2006 l 2011
- Research Assistant Professor at College of Pharmacy, University of Minnesota Duluth (UMD), Duluth, Minnesota, USA. 2007 l 2008
- Lecturer (PhD) at Department of Microbiology & Immunology, College of Pharmacy, Ahram Canadian University (ACU), Giza, Egypt. 2006 l 2007
Galala Plateau , Attaka , Suez