Dr. El-Baz holds (B.Sc.) from the American University of Cairo, Masters (M.Sc.) and doctoral degree (Dr.-Ing.) from the Technical University of Munich. Dr. El-Baz was a research associate at the Institute of Energy Economy and Application Technology and a visiting researcher at the University of Oxford. His research focused on the optimization of distributed energy generation and the integration of prosumers into Peer-to-Peer (P2P) energy and flexibility trading platforms. Within his work career, Dr. El-Baz has worked on several projects funded by the German federal ministry for economic affairs and energy (BMWi) that aimed towards the digitalization of the energy transition, integration of RE, EnEFF, EVs, and co-generation systems within smart- and micro-grid.
Dr. El-Baz was the strategic and engineering advisor at the Egyptian Electricity Utility and Consumer Protection Regulatory Agency (EgyptERA) and the energy consultant of the World Bank; his work focused on developing sustainable regulatory frameworks that improve the integration of renewable energies (RE), energy efficiency and emerging technologies into the Egyptian electricity grid, such as electric vehicles (EVs).
Dr. El-Baz is also the co-founder and CEO of the deep tech startup Nexus Analytica, which utilizes state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms for analyzing big data in the energy sector. Dr. El-Baz focuses on developing technologies to enable the integration of Renewable Energy (RE) and maximize the Energy Efficiency (EnEff) in both residential, commercial, and industrial sectors.
● B.Sc. from the American University of Cairo.
● M.Sc. and doctoral degree (Dr.-Ing.) from the Technical University of Munich.
Links to Publications
Area of Research
- Energy Systems Optimization and Analysis
- Decentralized Energy Systems
- Integration of Electromobility Energy Forecasting
- Demand Side Management
● Best paper award the 2nd IEEE conference on Energy Internet and Energy System Integration 2006 Full Scholarship Award, American University in Cairo und United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
● Co-founder and CEO of the deep tech startup Nexus Analytica.
● Strategic and engineering advisor at the Egyptian Electricity Utility and Consumer Protection Regulatory Agency (Egypt ERA) and the energy consultant of the World Bank.
● Guest Editor Special Issue: Energy Efficiency in Plants and Buildings, Energies, Guest Editor 2019
● Reviewer to Applied Energy, Energy, Solar Energy Journal
● IEEE – IEEE PES Member
● VDE Member
Galala Plateau , Attaka , Suez