The Laboratory Technical Specialist responsibility is to support the daily operations of the faculty laboratory, ensuring that all equipment and materials are prepared and maintained for use by teachers and students. responsible for performing routine lab tasks, such as preparing solutions and samples, cleaning and sterilizing equipment, and maintaining inventory records.
Main Duties, Responsibilities:
· Organizes and performs laboratory testing in lab areas that are assigned and in which employee is determined competent. Ensures that testing is in compliance with applicable laboratory governing bodies.
· Uses critical thinking skills and professional judgment to troubleshoot complex lab problems.
· Assures quality results through the use and evaluation of control materials, proper instrument maintenance, proper daily documentation and collection and analysis of appropriate samples.
· Performs routine function checks and maintenance on laboratory analyzers.
· Responsible for development of new and revisions to current standard operating procedures in accordance with regulatory guidelines and standards.
• Maintains knowledge and skills applicable to the job through continuing education to comply with university current statues and certifying regulations. • Ability to perform on-call duties. • Attention to minute detail. • Ability to positively interact with persons of different ethnic, spiritual, moral and cultural beliefs. • Shows willingness to read, understand, and follow all policies and procedures, as defined for the organization and department. • Demonstrates ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Therapy.
· 1-3 years of experience, Previous leadership experience preferred.
· Demonstrated success in laboratory setting.