Explore Endless opportunities
Medical Treatment is not necessarily through drugs or surgery.
Physical Therapy Program
Better Movement for Patients. Brighter Future for You!
The physical Therapy program at GU is designed to prepare graduates to examine, evaluate, diagnose, and intervene in the management of impairments, functional limitations, and disabilities of the cardiopulmonary, musculoskeletal, neuromuscular, and integumentary systems. This program at GU prepares graduates for professional practice in physical therapy as general practitioners who demonstrate ongoing learning and competency in clinical practice. We educate students to become clinically competent physical therapists who care for the whole patient and uphold the profession’s core values of accountability, compassion, excellence, professional duty, and social responsibility.
Our Physical Therapy program gives you the clinical and critical thinking skills you’ll need to care holistically for your patients as individuals. Classroom lectures in treatment interventions, injury prevention, and more are infused with case-based learning activities, allowing you to work with your peers to problem-solve and develop valuable clinical skills.
As a physical therapist, your job is a life-changing gift to patients; Restoring their independence, reducing or eliminating pain, avoiding the risks and complications of surgery, dealing with side effects from long-term medication reliance, or doing the research to determine the most effective treatments. You give people of all ages a brighter tomorrow.
Graduates from the GU field of physical therapy will teach patients how to prevent or manage their condition so that they will achieve long-term health benefits. You will examine each individual and develop a plan, using treatment techniques to promote the ability to move, reduce pain, restore function, and prevent disability. In addition, you will work with individuals to prevent the loss of mobility before it occurs by developing fitness- and wellness-oriented programs for healthier and more active lifestyles. Our curriculum revolves around technology, helping to prepare you for work in today’s interconnected healthcare industry. You’ll use simulated labs to experience patient management in high-risk medical scenarios and work with contemporary diagnostic tools to help you learn how to provide patients with exceptional care.
Galala University’s Physical Therapy program offers the following unique attributes:
- Innovative problem-based learning curriculum that optimizes student learning and successful transition to clinical practice.
- A distinguished faculty of expert Physical Therapists and scholars who practice what they teach and teach what they practice.
- State-of-the-art classrooms, equipment, and laboratories that simulate real-world clinical practice settings and provide research opportunities.
- Close partnerships with clinical facilities locally and nationally that provide full time and integrated clinical education experiences.
University Requirement: (14+6) = 20 Credit Hours.
General Field Requirement: (159+11) = 170 Credit Hours.
Total: 170+20 = 190 Credit Hours.
Graduates of this field will possess the following learning outcomes:
– Apply modern methods and techniques of physical therapy.
– Make sustainable and effective contributions to the field of physical therapy.
– Exercise critical thinking, analysis and problem-solving.
– Incorporate concepts from the biological, physical, psychological, and clinical sciences into physical therapy services.
– Collaborate with patients/clients, caregivers, and other health care providers to develop and implement an evidence-based plan of care that coordinates human and financial resources.
– Provide services and information related to health promotion, fitness, wellness, health risks, and disease prevention within the scope of physical therapy practice.
Graduates of Physical Therapy program are innovators who value life-long learning and assume leadership positions in the following areas of practice:
- Sports Medicine.
- Orthopedics Physical Therapy.
- Intensive Care Hospitals.
- Adult Neurological Rehabilitation.
- Home Health.
- Outpatient Clinics.
- Professional Sport Teams.
- Rehabilitation Centers.
- Research Centers.
- Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation.
- Integumentary Rehabilitation.
- Women Health Physical Therapy.
Galala Plateau , Attaka , Suez