Explore Endless Opportunities
The Perfect Dentist For The Perfect Smile
It is known that human health starts from the mouth. So the health and safety of the mouth and teeth affect a person's health in general.This was recorded in the medical protocols of some chronic diseases such as diabetes and heart disease. Also, it’s proven that infection control starts from strong, healthy, and clean teeth. The dentist works to treat them and preserve human life and safety. Dentistry is concerned with the muscles of the face, neck, salivary glands, tongue, and even the teeth related to the patient's psychological state. That is why studying dentistry is important as the dentist directly affects people's lives.
Dentistry is often referred to as an art. Dental specialization is certainly considered one of the branches of human medicine, concerned with studying the oral cavity area with the surrounding hard and soft tissues, not just the teeth. A reliable dentist works to bring relief to patients by treating them from tooth pain and deformities hence giving them a good aesthetic appearance. Thus, it helps in providing a good quality of life for the patient. The dentistry specialty is concerned with diagnosing, preventing, and treating oral diseases or injuries in the teeth or the jaws.
Dentistry attracts many students, and it’s not hard to see why especially after the tremendous technological advancement in radiology and the materials used to treat diseases, restorations, and cosmetic dentistry. This specialized genuine healthcare field offers excellent employment prospects. Along with job security instantly comes the various areas of specialization that can be pursued when you study dentistry. Allied to this is the service-oriented nature of the field-aligned with the opportunity to make a meaningful difference in patients' lives.
Innovation in dental education makes GU an excellent choice if you want to practice dentistry today and tomorrow. The curriculum and new facilities are designed to incorporate innovative ideas and the latest equipment. This program features a wide variety of educational methodologies including traditional lectures, seminars, case-based learning, on-line modules, laboratory, clinical simulation, standardized patient exercises, direct patient care and service-learning. Your degree can be easily equated and certified internationally.
The program consists of courses with a total number of 185 Credit Hours, and graduation requires the completion of the following requirements;
University requirements: 20 Credit Hours compulsory courses distributed over the years of study.
Field Requirements: Success in all compulsory courses specified in the study plan, which equals 165 Credit Hours.
The study program is divided into three stages:
- Phase I: The first year, during which basic science is taught.
- Phase II: The second and third years of study during which the study of preclinical articles.
- Phase III: The fourth and fifth academic years in which students study clinical subjects.
- The sixth-year: is the training year necessary to obtain a license to practice the profession.
Studying Dentistry at GU:
Board-certified dental specialists and general practitioners teach our students. Countless opportunities for participation in research, community engagement, and global health initiative prepare our students for leadership careers in oral health. Graduates of this program will possess the following learning outcomes:
- Outline and describe anatomical, physiological, biochemical and developmental features of head & neck, different techniques of pain control, and principles of surgery.
- Describe the etiology of oral and oral-related disorders.
- Name and outline the lesions of hard and soft tissues of tooth, fundamentals of tooth preparation and properties of different restorative materials.
- Define different pathological conditions.
- Recognize and describe abnormal development of skeletal pattern of head and neck and occlusion utilizing diagnostic aids.
- Differentiate between various root canal morphologies and pathologies in order to select justified instrumentation for its treatment techniques.
- Perform comprehensive dental procedures including restorative procedures, pulp therapy, preventive, interceptive and corrective simple orthodontics in children and adolescents.
There are certainly many areas of work in the dental specialty. The dentist can work in many places such as hospitals and health centers, and dental clinics. This means that the dentist can practice diagnosis, treatment and also perform different surgical procedures. Then the dentist can work in the academic field. He can work as a teacher in the university, colleges, institutes, centers, General hospitals, and research institutions concerned with scientific research.
The dentist is independent in his work and has the ability to develop his own career. He can open his private clinic once he gets approval from the ministry of health. He can also complete his graduate studies.
Galala Plateau , Attaka , Suez