Samia El Azab
Professor Samia Mostafa El Azab is a professor of Oral Pathology, Faculty of Dentistry, Cairo university. Professor El Azab led the faculty of Dentistry, Cairo University as a director of quality assurance unit to National accreditation from NAQAAE as the first one to be accredited Nationally and the third one in the Middle East. She introduced the first E-Learning course for Oral Pathology in the faculty of Dentistry, Cairo university in 2006.
Professor El Azab is a certified International professional trainer from Faculty and Leadership Development Center (FLDC) ,Cairo university and Missouri University in the USA.
- Bachelor Degree from Faculty of Dentistry, Cairo University. 1985
- M.Sc. Oral Pathology, Cairo University. 1993
- Ph.D. Oral Pathology , Cairo University. 1998
Area of Research
Link to Publications
List of Publications
1. Shymaa Hamza, Safa Fathy and Samia EL-Azab: Effect of diode laser biostimulation compared to Teriparatide on induced osteoporosis in rats: an animal study from Egypt, International Journal of Clinical and Experimental Pathology, 13(8): 1970–1985, Aug. 2020
2. Gihan Abdelnaser, Samia El-Azab, Amr El-Bolk, Sherif Algayar and Aly Fahmy: Antioxidant and apoptotic activity of free and nano-sinapic acid on Hep-2 cell line, Indian Journal of Public Health Research & development 11 (4): 953-958 April 2020
3. Hadya Ghedan, Samia El-Azab, Safa Abdelghany and Mona Saker: Detection of cancer stem cells in the most common head and neck non-hodgkin's lymphoma using CD34 in vitro study, Journal of Dental and Medical Science, 18(6): 64-72, 2019.
4. Gihan Abdelnaser, Samia El-Azab, Amr El-Bolk, Sherif Algayar and Aly Fahmy: Chemopreventive Effect of Sinapic Acid on Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma, International Research Journal of Medical Sciences, 1(1):12-15, February 2019.
5. Gihan Abdelnaser, Samia El-Azab and Amr El-Bokl: Effect of sinapic acid versus Nano-sinapic acid on human squamous cell line (an in vitro comparative study), Journal of Medical Science, 18(3):134-142, 2018
6. Samia El-Azab and Mohamed Galal: Published “Case Study” versus Electronically Shared “Case Presentation”. Accepted to be presented in the 15th International Conference on Education and Information Systems, Technologies and Applications (EISTA 2017) that will take place in the context of the 11th International Multi-Conference on Society, Cybernetics and Informatics (IMSCI 2017), to be held in Orlando, USA, on July 8-11, 2017.
7. Shymaa Ahmed Hamza, Samia Mostafa El-Azab and Safa Fathy Abd Ghani: Odontogenic Myxoma Versus Soft Tissue Myxoma : Immunohistochemical study. Egyptian Dental Journal, 62, 233-238, 2016
8. Samia Elazab; Mohamed Alazab: The Effectiveness of the Flipped Classroom in Higher Education : IEEE Conference Publications 207 – 211, DOI: 10.1109/ECONF.2015.34 October 2015
9. Samia El-Azab and Khaled Aboelfadl : E-Learning Supporting System (ELS) in Nahda University in Upper Egypt: Case Study: IEEE Conference Publications 571 – 593, DOI: 10.1109/ECONF.2015.92 October 2015
10. Samia El-Azab; Mohamed Al-Azab and P. E. Takeshi Utsumi: A Cloud Computing Technology for Knowledge Centers : IEEE Conference Publications 161 – 168, DOI: 10.1109/ECONF.2013.67 May 2013
11. Samia El-Azab and Mohamed Alazab : The Future Teaching and Learning Methods in Higher Education : IEEE Conference Publications 33 -37 DOI: 10.1109/ECONF.2013.64 May 2013
12. Omnia Ibrahim, Samia El-Azb and Rehab Fawzi: Immunohistochemical assessment of Cancer Stem cells in mucoepidermoid carcinoma : Cairo Dental Journal; 29 (2), 709-714 May 2013
13. Eman K. Agha, Samia El-Azb and Safa Abdel-Ghany: Immunohistochemical expression of C-KIT (CD117 ) protein in salivary gland tumors : Cairo Dental Journal; 28 (3), 897: 905. September 2012
14. Amal Losta, Samia El-Azb and Nermine Raouf : Immunohistochemical expression of nm23 protein (metastatic suppressor protein) in squamous cell carcinoma and mucoepidermoid carcinoma : Cairo Dental Journal; 28 (3), 889: 895. September 2012
15. Mohamed M. Ahmed and Samia M. El-Azab: Evaluation of cell cycle-related indicators in plexiform ameloblastoma : Journal of The Egyptian National Cancer Institute; 20(3): 294-301. September 2008
16. Heba Farag and Samia El-Azab : Tracing of lectin-binding pattern in human peri-radicular chronic inflammatory lesions: Tracing of lectin-binding pattern in human peri-radicular chronic inflammatory lesions: Egyptian Dental Journal April 2008
17. Samia M. El-Azab, Maha M. Sallam, Zaher M.A.and Mona Sakr: Prostate-specific antigen immune-profile within salivary gland tumors: diagnostic and prognostic potential : Egyptian Dental Journal April 2008
18. Samia M. El Azab: The fine structure of ameloblast-like cells and its impact on biological behavior of odontogenic tumors : Egyptian Dental Journal April 2008
19. Maha Salam and Samia M. El Azab: Bone healing induced by two different β-calcium phosphate based materials: an experimental histopathological study : Cairo Dental Journal September 2007
20. Gamal El-Din M. Fat’halla and Samia M. El-Azab: DNA ploidy determination in squamous cell carcinoma and malignant melanoma of the oral cavity: a comparative study : Cairo Dental Journal January 2007
21. Samia M. El-Azab and Gamal El-Din M. Fat'halla: Oral basaloid squamous cell carcinoma: an immunohisto-chemical study of its proliferative and invasive potentials : Cairo Dental Journal September 2006
22. Samia M. El-Azab and Gamal El-Din M. Fat'halla: Correlation between immune-labeling patterns of syndecan-1 expression and the degree of differentiation in oral squamous cell carcinoma : Egyptian Dental Journal; 52 (2), 967: 978 April 2006
23. Maha Salam and Samia M. El Azab: Effect of simvastatin drug on enhancing bioactive glass when used as bone filler material : Cairo Dental Journal; 21(3), 215:224 September 2005
24. Emad T. Daif and Samia M.; El-Azab: Meniscus changes associated with temporomandibular joint closed lock (histopathological and histochemical study): Ain Shams Dental Journal; VIII (2), 285:296 June 2005
25. Samia M. El-Azab : The biological value of syndecan-1 expression in salivary gland tumors: Egyptian Dental Journal, 51 (2): 903-917 April 2005
26. Emad T. Daif and Samia M. El-Azab: Condylar changes associated with tempro-mandibular joint ankylosis in children (histopathological and histochemical study) : Cairo Dental Journal; 20 (1), 109:114 January 2004
27. Mervet M. Moussa, Samia M. El-Azab and Deina Khater: Immunohistochemical expression of P53 in peripheral and central giant cell granulomas and giant cell tumour of the jaws: Egyptian Dental Journal; 49(4), 1955: 1966. October 2003
28. Mohsen A. Siam, Mona Abu El-Fetouh and Samia M. El Azab: Regional cellular response of palatal mucosa to mitogenic influences of methyl- N-nitrosourea: evaluation of relationship among nucleic hyperchromatism, PCNA expression and AgNors count : Egyptian Dental Journal; 48 (4): 1805-1814 October 2002
29. Samia M. El-Azab and Gamal El-Din M. Fat'halla: Bax/Bcl2: cellular modulator of apoptosis in adenoid cystic carcinoma of salivary glands : Egyptian Dental Journal; 48 (3): 1619-1633 July 2002
30. Gamal El-Din M. Fat'halla, Samia M. El-Azab and Khalid Mostafa: Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors: a novel class of differentiation indicators in oral plasma cell myeloma : Egyptian Dental Journal; 48 (2): 893-901 April 2002
31. Mona Wali, Gamal El-Din M. Fat'halla, Amal Hassan, and Samia M. El-Azab: Role of basal cells in premalignant changes: a stem cell concept for squamous cell carcinoma development: Egyptian Dental Journal; 47 (4), 1951-1956 October 2001
32. Ibrahim Abdullah Mohamed, Atef A. Foda and Samia M. El-Azab: Evaluation of mandibular and tibial bone lengthening in rabbits by distraction osteogenesis : Egyptian Dental Journal; 47(3): 1247-1257 July 2001
33. Samia M. El-Azab : Immunoproliferative activity of biomarker in ameloblastoma: Cairo Dental Journal; 17 133-145 May 2001
34. Mona Wali, Amal Hassan, Samia M. El-Azab and Gamal Fat'Halla: The biological value of apoptotic associated protein expression in amelanotic melanoma and non-hodgkin's lymphomas: Egyptian Dental Journal; 47(2), 707-717 April 2001
35. Mohsen H. Abi El-Hassan and Samia M. El-Azab: Histological pulp response to an experimental capping material : Egyptian Dental Journal; 46(4) ; 2335-2341 October 2000
- Obtained the encouragement award of Cairo University for Basic Medical Science. 2003
- Obtained award of Academy of Scientific Research: “Dr. Ekram Abdel-Salam for molecular pathology” 2006
Supervision of Thesis
1. Master: Immunohistochemical expression of P53 in peripheral and central giant cell granulomas and giant cell tumor of the jaws.
Candidate: Dina Khater. Cairo University, 2000
2. Master: Imunohistochemical study of syndecan-1 expression in oral squamous cell carcinoma, Candidate:: Ahmed Abdelwahed, El Menia University 2002.
3. Master: The influence of garlic as an anticarcinogenic agent on apoptotic potential during oral carcinogenesis in albino rats.
Candidate: Shaimaa Omar, Cairo University, 2007
4. Master: Immunohistochemical expression of nm23 protein (metastatic suppressor protein) in squamous cell carcinoma and mucoepidermoid carcinoma.
Candidate: Amal Mansour, El-Fateh University, Libya 2010
5. Master: Immunohistochemical profile of cancer stem cells in oral sarcomas.
Candidate: Marnal Ahmed, Miser International University 2010
6. Master: Immunohistochemical Assessment of Cancer Stem Cells in Malignant Salivary Gland Tumors.
Candidate: Omnia Ibrahim, 6 October University 2011
7. Master: Immunohistochemical expression of C-KIT (CD117) protein in salivary gland tumors.
Candidate: Eman Aly, El-Fateh University, Lybia 2011
8. Master: Odontogenic myxoma versus prepheral myxoma: immuonohistochemical study.
Candidate: Shimaa Hamza, Cairo University 2012.
9. Doctoral degree: Correlation between cancer stem cells and angiogenesis in mucoepidermoid carcinoma using double immunostaining
Candidate: Heba Ahmed, Cairo University 2013
10. Master: Detection of Cancer Stem Cells in the most common head and neck non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma using CD34 (in vitro study)
Candidate: Hadya Nabil, Beniswif University 2014
11. Doctoral degree: The effect of diode laser biostimulation compared to teriparatide in induced osteoporosis in rats (animal study)
Candidate: Shimaa Hamza, Cairo University 2016
12. Doctoral degree: Effect of sinapic acid versus Nano-sinapic acid on human squamous cell line (an in vireo comparative study).
Candidate: Gihan Abdelnaser, El Menia University 2016.
13. Master: Assessment the effect of Curcumin and its nanoparticles on squamous cell carcinoma cell line
Candidate: Ibrahim Mohamed, El Menia University 2017.
1. Master: Immunohistochemical Study of Claudine – 4 in Oral Squamous cell Carcinoma.
Candidate: Salah Eldin Salem, Cairo University 2012
2. Doctoral degree: Perlican, Sindecan-1 and KI-67 Expression in Odontogenic Tumors and their relationship to biological behavior.
Candidate: Omnia Ibrahim, Tanta University 2012.
3. Master: An immunohistochemical study to detect FAS and Ki-67 in Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma Cases.
Candidate: , Ola Hassan, Cairo University,2012
4. Doctoral degree: An Experimental Study of the combined effect of Korestin and Cisplatin on Human Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma.
Candidate: Inas Alaa Eldin, El Menia University 2014
5. Doctoral degree: Detection of Human Papilloma Virus (HIV) and Epshetin-Barr Virus in Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma and Ameloblastoma: PCR Study
Candidate: Hanan Gamal, El Menia University, 2014
6. Master: Immunohistochemical Expression of Embryonic Tumor indicator (EMMPRIN) as well as Image Analysis in Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma
Candidate: Heba Khaled, Cairo University 2014.
7. Doctoral degree: The role of hypoxia in angiogenesis and Development of Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma: Clinical and immunohistochemical study.
Candidate: Heba Yosef, Tanta University 2014
8. Master: Immunohistochemical expression of Phosphatidyl-inositol-30 kinase (PI3K)/AKt2 in Oral epithelial dysplasia and Squamous cell Carcinoma.
Candidate: Mohamed Osama, Cairo University 2014.
9. Master: Immunohistochemical Expression of Laminin 5 Gamma 2 in Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma
Candidate: Gihan Abdelnasser, El Menia University, 2015.
10. Master: Efficacy of nanogold-conjugated cetuximab on hamster buccal pouch carcinoma.
Candidate: Ashraf Shamia Alazhar University, 2015.
11. Doctoral degree: Study the roles of mucin, matrix metalloproteinase 9 and vascular endothelial growth factor proteins in salivary gland tumors.
Candidate: Kamal Abdelrahman, Alazhar University, 2015.
12. Doctoral degree: Distinct expression patterns of hypoxia inducible factor- 1 α (HIF- 1α) and CD34 proteins in odontogenic tumors.
Candidate: Amr Ibrahim, Alazhar University, 2015.
13. Doctoral degree: Immunohistochemical evaluation of rhe possible effects of Caffeine on Salivary Glands of Adult Albino Rts using Annrxin A5 Marker.
Candidate: Afaf Darwish, El Menia University, 2016.
14. Master: Evaluation of Cortactin and CD44 in Oral Epithelial Dysplasia and Oral Squamous cell Carcinoma and their role in its metastasis.
Candidate: Yomna Mohamed, Tanta University 2016.
15. Doctoral degree: Effect of vitamin E on differentiation of dental follicle stem cells treated with nicotine.
Candidate: Salwa Mahmoud, , Alazhar University, 2016.
16. Doctoral degree: Cytotoxicity of Gold Nanoparticles on Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma Cell Line.
Candidate: Mai Ibrahim, El Menia University, 2016.
17. Master: Expression of BCL 2 Associated Athanogene-1 (BAG !) and Heat Shock Protein 70 in Human Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma.
Candidate: Mai Hafez Ein Shams University, 2016.
18. Doctoral degree: Apoptosis-inducing activity of cisplatin conjugated nanogold as a treatment modality on hamster buccal pouch carcinoma.
Candidate: Ahmed Abdelshakour, Alazhar University 2016.
19. Master: Immunohistochemical Expression of Octamer -Binding Protin 4 in Oral Epithelial Dysplasia Induced inExperimental Rats (An Animal Study).
Candidate: Maged Aly, Cairo University 2017.
20. Doctoral degree: Effect of Genistein and Oxaliplatin on Cancer Stem Cells in Oral Squamous cell Carcinoma: An Experimental Study.
Candidate: Ahmed Ataa, Alexandria University 2017.
21. Master: Effect of oxygenated water as a new chemoperventive modality on experimentally induced hamster buccal pouch carcinogensis (Histological and immuno-histochemical study).
Candidate: Amr Mahmoud, Alazhar University, 2017.
22. Doctoral degree: The therapeutic effects of 5-fluorouracil, camptothecin and pd173074loaded to gold nanoparticles in comparison to their free forms in induced oral squamous cell carcinoma (experimental study.
Candidate: Hend Helmy, Alexandria University 2018.
23. Master: Therapeutic efficacy of vitamin D on acrylamide induced striated muscles dystrophy of rats tongue (histological and histochemical study).
Candidate: Abdelhamid Salah, Alazhar University 2018.
24. Master: Evaluation of the effect of propolis on human laryngeal squamous cell carcinoma cell line.
Candidate: Ehab Magdy, El Menia University 2019.
- Head of the committee of development of higher dental education strategies by introducing E learning. Feb-20 l Current
- Former Vice Dean of Postgraduate affairs in Faculty of Oral and Dental Medicine, Nahda University. 2014 l 2018
- Former Consultant in the Development Unit in the Ministry of Higher Education. 2016 l 2019
- Former Consultant of Quality Assurance Unit, Faculty of Oral and Dental Medicine, Egyptian Russian University 2018 l 2020
- Former President of American Academy of Craniofacial Pain. 2019 l 2020
- Certified as a Recognized Peer reviewer in Elsevier [Oral Oncology Journal (11 articles) since 2011, International Journal of Educational Development (3 articles in 2019)] and African Educational Research Journal 2020.
- Accredited trainer from National Training Center; getting TOT in 2010.
- Certified International Professional Trainer from Faculty and Leadership Development Center (FLDC), Cairo University and Missouri University in USA in 2014.
- Conducted 91 workshops in FLDC from 2008 till now; 64 workshops in “how to create your E learning course” and “how to create your website” and 4 workshops in “Quality Assurance” and 23 in “Strategic Planning”.
- Certified Trainer in the National Authority of Quality Assurance and Accreditation in Education (NAQAAE) from 2015 till now; conduct Strategic Planning workshops in different universities; British University, Menoufia University and Azhar University.
- Sharing with auditing teams in the Ministry of Higher education for 33 quality assurance technical supports for funded developmental projects in different faculties and universities.
- Sharing in 5 accreditation visits in NAQAAE for faculties of Dentistry as an external reviewer.
Galala Plateau , Attaka , Suez