Professor Hamdy Hassanien is a distinguished chemistry expert known for his remarkable contributions to academia and research. He holds the position of a chemistry professor at Galala University, specializing in basic sciences. He obtained his BSc and MSc degrees from Ain Shams University and completed his PhD through a joint program with LEI du CNRS, France.
His impact goes beyond education, as he led the physical chemistry division at ASU and served as an adjunct professor at Zewail University. Notably, he directed ASU’s Photoenergy Center. Professor Hassan’s expertise is recognized internationally, with 58 publications in respected journals.
His exceptional influence is further highlighted by his consistent inclusion in Stanford University’s list of the world’s Top 2% most cited scientists (2017-2022). This recognition is based on Scopus data, underlining his significant contributions to various fields.
Head of the Physical Chemistry Division, Faculty of science, (ASU) 2016-2020
Professor Hassan’s name has been included in the list released in 2020 by the US-based Stanford University of the World’s Top 2% of the most-cited Scientists in various disciplines based on data from Scopus that ranks journals and gives a citation index.
Conferences and workshops participation
– Attend the” Egyptian-Tunisian workshop in the field of advanced materials” Egyptian Petroleum Research Institute EPRI, Cairo, December 22-23, 2010.
– Attend the “Chemical Safety and Security Officer Training”, Organized by the United States Department of Energy and Sandia National Laboratories, Istanbul, Turkey – July 12-16, 2010.
– Attend the training course “Black Board Academic Suite-Learning System” Organized by King Khaled University, KSA, January 24-25, 2009.
– (Comparative Studies of Electrochemical Behaviour of Silver Electrode in Chloride, Bromide and Iodide Aqueous Solutions) H. H. Hassan, M. A. M. Ibrahim, S. S. Abd El Rehim, M. A. Amin, The 2nd International Conference on Electrochemistry and its Applications, Luxor, Egypt, Feb. 2-5, 1999
– (Electrochemical Behaviour of Silver Electrode in NaOH Solutions) S. S. Abd El Rehim, H.H. Hassan, M. A. M. Ibrahim, M. A. Amin, The 1st International Conference on Electrochemistry and its Applications, Luxor, Egypt, Nov. 26-28, 1996.
– (Studies on the Anodic Dissolution of p-Si Electrodes in Fluoride Media in Darkness and Under Illumination), H. H. Hassan, J.-L. Sculfort, B. Fotouhi, M. Neumann-Spallart, M. Etman, ” 3rd International Conference on Solar Energy Storage and Applied Photochemistry, Cairo, Egypt, January 8-14, 1995.
– (Cation Effects on the Anodic Dissolution of p-Si), H. H. Hassan, J.-N. Chazalviel, M. Etman, M. Neumann-Spallart, F. Ozanam, ” 2nd International Conference on Solar Energy Storage and Applied Photochemistry, Cairo, Egypt, January 6-11, 1993.